yahmaha OB gas line connections

8x56mn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Anyone ever had one of the hose quick disconnects come apart when removing from the tank or motor. I did yesterday on both ends. I could not figure out where the little flat washers go when I put them back together. They didn't leak, but I'm sure there there for a reason, anybody have any advice. It's a 6hp yahmaha ob. I went down to the marina and they sold me a couple of new Siera's, but when I got home the tubing size of the fittings is 3/8' and my hose looks like 1/4".

BruceAML

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: yahmaha OB gas line connections

I use only genuine Yamaha fuel hose assemblies. They are twice the quality and you do not have that problem. The hose comes complete. Once you use them you will not go back to generic hoses. If you tell me the exact model number of your 6hp I will give you the part number of the hose.

w2much

Lieutenant

Look up my post . See the problems I have had. Get yerselt new OEM connections. They are worth a fortune.

8x56mn

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Can someone confirm the hose ID to be either 3/8" or 5/16".

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

You know i didnt know this but you can buy the fuel line in both those diameters at lowes in the plumbing department. Its like 28 cents a foot. Its the same i think as the dealers sell only they cut it to the length for the application and slap a part number on it and charge 15 bucks for a half a foot fuel line.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

They even have the oil lines as well. Im talking about the fuel line that runs inside the cowling. I think that they have the lind that runs to the tank but you have to get a primer bulb and all that.

BruceAML

Petty Officer 1st Class

The Yamaha engine uses all metric sizes to include the hoses. Do you want to save a few pennies or do you want to install the correct hoses? ALL of those hose are available from Yamaha. They do not sell you a roll of hose and hope it will fit. It is the exact diameter and made of the highest quality materials.