What hobby do you enjoy?

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
With the enforcement of the rules,let try something else. I'm wondering what hobbies if any do you enjoy? Mine is trains model and real, My cellar is full, there is 3 lay outs my sons N, and mine O scale and American Flyer. I'm also the President of the Connecticut Society of Ferroequinolist and Model Railway Engineers http://www.timemachinehobby.com/train_clubs_csfmre.html I also collect vintage New Haven Railroad negatives and slides and anything else I can find..............What do you guys do for excitment in the off season.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What hobby do you enjoy?

fortunately, i'm in Florida, retired, summer is my off season, when it is cooler, i enjoy the restoration of boats, thats why i joined iboats. one day i would like to enjoy a large airconditioned work shop, so i could do it year round.

RCSConstruction

Chief Petty Officer

Live about 120 miles from the Sand toy capitol of the world. (Imperial Sand dunes).
Getting to be that time of year...YEAHHHHHHH:D
Have a couple quads and old school three wheelers as well.
Only other hobby I have is the WWW....:cool:

285hp Acura V-tec V6 vvvvvvvvv

Attachments

• SU.jpg
    SU.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 0

rentalguy1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

As I said in another thread...I'm an offroad junkie. It's a hobby that can be done all year.

Picture130.jpg

Scoop

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Fishing is my hobby. Hopefully will be doing a lot more soon:)

new_boater

Petty Officer 1st Class

uuummmmm i thought boating was a hobby:D

JRJ

Commander

Hey Blu Lunch. Since you are into trains, the next time you are in California, there is a hands on railroad museum in Portola, Ca. Check www.wplives.org

For fun, we travel, visit, have company, hunt, camp, fish, 4X4, and trap shoot, basically enjoying a second child-hood without supervision.

xtrema2

Cadet

Hunting is my most favorite hobby. Mostly duck and goose hunting but i also do a little bow hunting for deer

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Bass fishing - both on the recreational level, and tourney level
Boat restoration
ANYTHING that I can create, and build, or repair, or dismantle, with my hands, and not with a joystick and screen. Workshop is my favorite part of the homefront.
Any sort of mechanics.
I like farming. Unfortunately, I no longer can live that lifestyle, as we now live in the middle of the city.
Being outside. I was introduced to hiking on a major level through boy scouts.
Though I probably won't do much backpacking on my own, but still love the outdoors, and camping.
I am reaching towards eagle scout, and am on a good track to get there soon.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Not sure if it is a hobby, but one of the things I like to do (wife also) is spending a couple of hours at the county home. The stories you can hear from our elders is something you can't get out of history books. We go twice a week and it is always a new adventure. Gotta say that about all the older gentlemen have gone through so much more than any of us will ever see. I'm always amazed on how they dealt with the times that they lived through.

Other than the fishing, boating, and repairing, I like playing pool, racing slot cars, and a few autocross events occassionally.

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey rental1, yer tires don't look tall enough,,,and it ain't a Jeep. Had a CJ5 with 4" body lift, 2'" shackel lift, 35" tall x 14" wide Gumbo Monster Mudders with a Ford 302 2 bbl under the hood. The mud hole had to be waist deep to get out of 2-wheel drive. Now I have a Jeep Cherokee {older model} that I plan to go with Currie Ford 9" axels and air bag rock crawler type suspension. Liveing in North Eastern Oklahoma and North Western Arkansas you almost need it. Have fun and keep the muddy side down...ANIMAL :D P.S. To many hobbies to list but girl watching is the funnest. Love college towns.:D:D:D:D

woodrat

Ensign

fishing primarily, but also kayaking, which is one of my jobs, and kayak building. Hope to build a small wooden skiff sometime soon as well.

KnottyBuoyz

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We want to start building a boat next spring so I'm tinkering with resin infusion and learning how to use these new fangled HVLP sprayers. I also collect miniature liquor bottles (full) and have a couple hundred from all over the world. Exciting eh?

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer

I love tinkering with old boats. This is a new hobby I got into by accident. I saw an old boat on craigslist and fixed it up and now can't wait for the next boat.

I also love old cars. I've owned about 40 cars in my life and i'm 42 years old.

I also love trains and planes. WWII navy f4u corsair is my favorite of all time planes.

treedancer

Commander

Art, tough its more than a hobby as I have sold quite a few of them.

waterinthefuel

Commander

My hobbies are RC planes, motorcycles (scooters), online gaming, particularly first person shooters and flight simulators.

MikDee

Banned

This is my hobby for a few years now, Fast Electric R/C boats! It is addictive, frustrating at times, can get expensive, and tends to give you that increasing need for speed, (just like full size boats,,,lol) but it is Fun! here are 3 of my boats in action:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v240/MikDee/Model Boats/

Boat 1- a 26" 6 cell Kyosho Jet Arrow, standard 19' turn R/C car motor
Boat 2- a 28" stepped hull Synchron fiberglass German race boat, with a 12cell (cordless power drill type motor)
Boat 3- a 32" Fine Design Marine (FDM32) offshore style race boat, with a 12 cell brushless motor, & FDM gearbox

Attachments

• FDM32-5.jpg
    FDM32-5.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0
  • stepd Synchron.jpg
    stepd Synchron.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Jet Arrow Pic.jpg
    Jet Arrow Pic.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 0

ANIMAL

Petty Officer 1st Class

I tried RC airplanes untill I made 4 planes worth of smokeing holes in the ground and about $1500 later I went to RC boats. Much cheaper when you use the plane parts and make air boats. Now I can't afford ether. At the time I was a live in care giver for a bedfast man and he paid for the first 2 planes then I built one just from plans and the last one I built from a kit. Crashed them all. Had no trouble on the flight sim on the computer, could do all kinds of stuff there but when I tried it in the air it didn't work so good,,,LOL.....ANIMAL :D