Edgewater v Key West

malvin

Cadet
Looking to purchase 24 or 26 foot CC boat, due to limited dealerships in midwest, narrowed to a couple, Edgewater or Key West. Am curious as to opinions or experiences with these two makes. Thanks!

KCook

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Edgewater v Key West

If the Key West model is the 268, that has the nicest setup for passenger seating I've seen on a CC type. Typically the Edgewater will have a higher price that a Key West. Can you get demo rides?

Kelly Cook

malvin

Cadet

Yes it is the 268 from Key West and looking at the 245 and 268 from Edgewater, unfortuneately dealers don't have anything instock to demo at the moment though likely could demo in the larger Key West yet quite a different boat. Might I take from your reply the Edgewater is a better quality boat?

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

No dealers for either of these in my area. So I don't get to see them for myself. But lurking on fishing sites gives me the strong impression that Edgewater is a semi-premium boat line. Whereas Key West is a mid-range line. Edgewater's big claim to fame is that they are unsinkable, like Boston Whaler. Which does make production costs higher. But both brands have lots of fans, and both are often recommended.

Kelly

BillP

Captain

Malvin...is that you from Ft.Smith and Fox? Anyway, Key West is a normal production boat like most others. Edgwaters are in the upscale bracket and very pricey. Key West uses Greenwood marine grade pt wood in their construction and gives a long warranty on no rot so that puts them above most in my book. Last week a Key West owner told me the factory burned down recently in the forest fires so you may not be seeing new Key Wests until they get it back up.

malvin

Cadet

Bill... nope, just a guy and wife that live in N MN and looking to change boats if the right deal can be struck, leaning towards these two boats as GW and Boston W are just too pricey though did give them a look and took a demo in a smaller GW CC... thanks for the info the conditions at Key West, supposed to get some numbers from them tomorrow.

malvin

Cadet

KCook, thanks for your info! Pretty much what I see too looking at all the info available, Key West needs a better web site...

NSBCraig

Lieutenant Commander

They make Edgewater boats near me alot of my friends work there and yeah they are definety high priced boats you can find alot of nice boats that are just as good for alot less.

Really nice boats but way more then a fishing boat should cost, but top of the line.

malvin

Cadet

OK... Now how about Boston Whaler 240 vs the Edgewater 245? Any experiences out there with?