Looking for opinion on bow light

gcfishguy

Cadet
Mid-60's Arkansas Traveler (best guess....if anyone can be more precise, I'd love to know...)

It has a very unique bow light that is intact and working, but is missing lenses.
I'm looking at removing it, and putting a modern light in its place, but I'm having trouble finding one that will fit (and not look stupid).

The 'hood' has a raised ridge that runs from the windshield to the bow, and is about 3" wide at the windshield and narrows to 2" at the bow.

So.....I need a bow light that's 2" (or less) wide at the base. Even the ones that are listed as small are still 2 7/8" wide.
In my opinion, it will just look goofy with a 3" light siting on a 2" raised ridge.

The other thing...the raised ridge actually has a factory 'cup' under the light...meaning, the ridge has a factory depression in it, to let the 'belly' of the light snuggle down into it a bit.
Why? Likely to make it impossible to change the light out with one of a different style. :-(
Anyway, if i can find a small, modern light, I'll remove the old one and ignore the depression that it will leave.

Does anyone know of a place to get a narrower light?
Or, does anyone have a set of lenses for the light I have now? (Ha! Yeah, sure...)

I saw the 'shark eyes' lights that would do the trick, but they would be a very hard install (due to the sealed flotation in the bow), UNLESS there are ones that could be mounted on the top of the hood, rather than being designed for mounting on a vertical surface....

A picture is worth a thousand words, so here you go...

Looking back at those pictures makes me feel old....
Boat has a new tailer, and a 35hp Merc with new controls now.

Thanks for any help you can offer!!!!

<><

Last edited:

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Looking for opinion on bow light

just get 2 surface mount to go on each side.

gcfishguy

Cadet
Re: Looking for opinion on bow light

I was going to ask what you meant, and include a link (iboats, of course) to the ones I was looking at.

I was hung up on looking for 'bow lights'.....I found the lights you're referring to in the 'side lights' section...

Thanks!!!!!