Flooring question

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am replacing the floors on my boat right now, and need to decide what material to use on the new floor. I do not want to put carpet back into the boat because I have heard that they trap water and can make the floor rot faster. So my question is, what are my other options? I want something that is going to look good as well as be comfortable. I would like to be able to walk on it with bare feet and have it be comfortable. Also, I would like it to not be slippery. I have heard that the interlux nonskid stuff works well. Is this true? Any other options would be OK too.

seven up

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Flooring question

hi,

That's a smart move in my opinion...to leave the carpet out. Was just looking through epoxyproducts.com for the same thing. There's the ground up rubber, walnut shells, sand and others.

I'm not suggesting buying from them. I like reading about what's out there and try to make an informed decision.

That copper powder for making bottom paint looks sharp.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Here is another website for Nautolex. It's a wee bit cheaper. IMHO, it's the way to go. Redid mine two years ago in Nautolex. The original lasted 30+ years and although faded, only became compromised when the gas tank cover panel sunk due to rotted supports. I just spent a week on a 20 ft NorthRiver aluminum boat. They used Nautolex.

http://www.a1foamandfabrics.com/site/department.cfm?id=11BE5A56-98C1-443E-A01FB5A6B3A61E36

vinylfloor.jpg

iwombat

Captain

I'm happy as can be with my floor painted in Interlux Interdeck. Great stuff.

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class

thanks guys! Ill check out those links.