trailer GROUND

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
we have talked extensively about grounds on lights. The mfgrs have finally heard me. i bought a set of P.L.T. lights, yesterday. the fixtures were 3 wire including ground, the harness had the full length white wire for grounding the fixtures.

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: trailer GROUND

Nice. I always wondered why they didn't use different harnesses (set up like that) for boat trailer kits...maybe now they will!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

now that it is installed they screwed up the wiring on the lights them selves and had the color codes on the wires wrong. had to cut and resplice. must have been made on monday.

rndn

Commander

It's still nice to know they are using ground wires. It will save a lot of headaches in the long run.

reelfishin

Captain

The most important thing is to make sure there's a ground running to the rear section of a tilt trailer, it prevents flashing lights. I've seen so many oem trailers wired with the ground only attached to the tongue, and not to the main frame.
A full length ground is better yet. Especially in saltwater. (I still ground the frame though for electrolysis purposes).