Dispute among neighbors, 3 dead

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
On the news in Cleveland, neighbors in a suburb were setting off fireworks after midnight. One neighbor being a fireman couldn't get them to stop,,,,,,so he shot and killed 3 of them. Needless to say he is on adminiistrative leave without pay. I think he is going to be out of a job for a long while.

Illegals and fireworks in Ohio have the same thing in common......Both are illegal and nothing is done about it.

My BIL has neighbors who set off fireworks and the debris lands on his cars and trucks. He has called the police about it numerous times, but they also don't do a dang thing about it. I doubt if my BIL will use the same force as the fireman in Cleveland did. At least I hope not! :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Dispute among neighbors, 3 dead

:eek::eek::(:(

ovlo

Cadet

wow thats a little harsh

I am in columbus ohio. my friend lives right acrost from the fire station. we were a little nervous about lighting off fireworks on the 4th. anyhow we started shooting our fireworks off. then the boys at the fire station started lighting some off as well. we didnt expect that

tommays

Admiral

Harsh yes

But if it was not raining my next door neighbor (who is generaly a very good neighbor) would have burned down my gazebo from the burning embers from his display

And i may have to have some words with him if his son keeps fireing off the leftovers for two weeks again this year

In general i was happy it rained as my area turns into a fire fight for at least a week every year

Tommays

licketdsplit756

Petty Officer 1st Class

forget about asking the law. even they turn there heads legal or not. on the fourth.my son is a police officer. has kids to. i dont think id take the measures ya just talked about.best thing to do. is its bothering you that bad or anyone else. i would choose another location to shoot of your fire works.where you can enjoy yourself. OUTTA SITE OUTTA MIND.

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

Wow. Unbelievable reaction. I wonder if there was more going on than just the fireworks problem...

Hey, I just got promoted :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

All it takes is a bit of respect for your neighbors. After all that is where you live and it is better to get along vs fighting.

This guy had to go off the deep end without thinking. Just odd that a man who saves lives took them instead.

A bucket of water soaking their stash would have worked instead of shooting them.

rndn

Commander

There must have been some serious bad history with them.

firehog6305

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am a fire capt in the state of calif. it is very upsetting to hear another brother in the fire service would even think about hurting another human being, we have all trained so hard year after year to insure we have the knowledge to help people is bad situations, I guess this gentleman forgot his ethics. my heart goes out to the families who lost loved ones, fireworks are part of 4th of july, and need to be used by adults, but even when used wrong and at all hours of the night, it isn't worth taking somones life..tony

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Harsh yes

In general i was happy it rained as my area turns into a fire fight for at least a week every year

Tommays

I just wonder if you hit the nail on the head there? I'm wondering if the firefighter ever served in combat and may have been suffering from PTSD?

Just a thought.

firehog6305

Petty Officer 1st Class

I do have to admit, being a fire fighter is very stressful to say the least, we deal with the general public in their worse situations, but we all have to remember, being a fire fighter is just a job, under those uniforms we are all human, some good some bad, just like any profession. its very possible he had other issues going on, what ever the reason I hope he recieves the help he needs:(

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Road rage without the car.
Something else is odd with this fireworks deal. Every new years eve, July 4th, Cinco de Mayo, and lately even days like Christmas and Fathers day..............

It never used to be like that. Outside of bottle rockets, sparklers, smoke bombs and firecrackers, the pirotechnics were reserved for municipalities and local kiwanis clubs to provide. Now, tents spring-up a month before any holiday, and are gone when emptied-out. And they are generally emptied-out quickly. I heard that one of my niegbors on the other side of the canal MAXED-OUT his credit card last new years!! Firewerks never bnothered me, but i have had the woods set ablaze in the vacant lot behind my house by embers.
What the heck happened??!