Smart Tabs- Need information on which one for my boat

Bry21317

Chief Petty Officer
I have been reading alot about these smart tabs, and they seem like they work very well.

Here is my setup, I am not really needing anything out of it, but figure they can't hurt, right?

94 Crownline 196BR, its a 19'6" Bowrider with an 8'6" beam
Mercruiser 5.0(305 2bbl chevy) with Alpha 1 1.65 Gears
I run a 21 Pitch Aluminum Prop that will get it out of the water pretty quick, but does have quite a bit of bow rise on the hole shot.

It will top out in the 50s. The boat is stated to weigh 2900 lbs on Nada's website.

I am wondering which tabs I would need. So any help you can give me, would be great. I think I will need the 80lb version, but just want to make sure.

Bryan

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner
Re: Smart Tabs- Need information on which one for my boat

Use the ST1290-80 or SX9510-80.

Bry21317

Chief Petty Officer

John,
Are there any differences in those two other than one is Plastic and the other Stainless?

Thanks,
Bryan

bushman10

Cadet

I have a Larson 208 LXI 5.0 MPI with B3 drive and was wondering if smart tabs will help my boat float level when in the water with no people in it? It now floats about 2" higher out of the water on the passenger side as compared to the drivers side while looking at the back of the boat. It maintains this lean even at cruising speed and only levels out if you have an extra 200 lbs. on the port side as compared to the starboard side???