Yamaha 50 not getting fuel

Whit

Cadet
Hello All. My 1999 Yam 50 CLTRX won't start. It had sat several months so I replaced the old fuel pump and cleaned the carbs. Now when I pump the ball, fuel pours out the side of the top carb. Is this most likely a float height issue? My Clymer manual wasn't very clear on measuring and adjusting the float. For the 50 HP model it references carb float drawing of the 5 hp model which is a different carb and float. ???? Any help would be appreciated.

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Yamaha 50 not getting fuel

when fuel pours out a carb it has a stuck needle .... rebuild ......

Ray Neudecker

Lieutenant Commander

deejaycee hit the nail on the head. The fuel leak is a stuck needle. Redo the carbs with new needles and seats as well as bowl gaskets.

Whit

Cadet

Thanks! How do you suggest rechecking the float height? I have heard some people say to invert the carb and line the float bottom up flush with the carb surface. The manual says to measure the top of the float with a depth gauge.

JUSTINTIME

Captain

Thanks! How do you suggest rechecking the float height? I have heard some people say to invert the carb and line the float bottom up flush with the carb surface. The manual says to measure the top of the float with a depth gauge.

do what the manual says