My biggest Catfish

PierBridge

Chief Petty Officer
While fishing for Flathead Catfish recently I landed my personal best.

42 pound Mississippi River "MN" Flathead!

Mississippi074Small.jpg

Ralphy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: My biggest Catfish

Now that's a beaut!! FISHFRY!!!!

slvrwolf1

Seaman

wow that is a nice one. I was with a guy that pulled out a 64 pounder once. It was a 30 - 40 min fight but he got it in. The biggest I have caught was 30 lbs. We have some 80 foot dips in the ohio river down by the milling companys and everyone says there are monsters down there.

Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is That A Flathead? Either Way--- Nice!!!!

Seon

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's about the size bait fish I use for Stripers :eek: ...j/k :D:D.
That's a great catch.....a GREAT catch ;).

aspeck

Staff member

If you look like you are straining a little bit more it might pass for over 50! :D :D ;)

REALLY NICE Catfish! I am jealous ... never caught a cat anywhere close to that size ... they say they are in my lake, but I have never seen anyone pull one out!

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

I see that this is an older thread but anyhow. The biggest catfish I've ever seen in person was 35 pounds. One of my friends found a jug, somebody must of lost track of it while jug fishing and the friend of mine found it, and brought up a 35lb cat. He had it tied up to the boat house. It was dead when I seen it. The same guy that brought that catfish in also caught a 35lb stripe.

I watched my young cousins pull up a catfish that was as long as the back of one of those little pastic 2 seater paddle boats. They got the fish to the top of the water and the hook snapped on the jug they were using. Never thought to break out my camera phone when they caught that one.

Catfish.jpg

wormbait

Cadet

i have cought a bunch of 60s but my bigest is 76 i have seen a 104 pound bluecat. yours is nice

mudslinging79

Petty Officer 1st Class

wish they got that big in oregon, my biggest i caught wouldnt make a snack for that monster.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

A guy at the boat launch of my usual lake had a huge cooler full of 30 to 40 pound cats.They have caught over 80 pounders out of that lake.

We do the jug fishing around here too...makes for a fun night chasing jugs with a spot light..:D

rockyman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

ever fish the mighty james river in va, around jordan point , very large fish have came outa there and still will ,there very plentyful in there . i fish in the james river catfishing club here in the richmond area ,check out the web site . go to jamesriveroutdoors.com and scroll down to jrcc. check it out . our last tournament of the year is sunday dec.14th 8am sharp .2biggest fish with the heavest combined weight wins .50$ per boat 100% payout top 3places . come on give it a try all walkins welcome , we are looking for some new members .

catfishcharlie

Seaman Apprentice

I once caught a 15 pound yellow cat....diggin in my flower bed!

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice fish.I fish Roosevelt Lake at right about this time of year.the flatheads run up the Salt River to the diversion dam.I have seen guys with 4-whhelers travelling the river with lots of big 60 lbers.My biggest was 45 from San Carlos Lake,the state record deems from there at 71 lbs.Again nice fish and you got a picture.