New Addition

aspeck

Staff member
Many of you know that I had all kinds of things going on the last 6 - 8 weeks before I left for/arrived in Ghana. Here is one the projects that consumed my time ... I had 6 weeks to do it and finished in 4 1/2. I would have been finished sooner, but the French Doors were slow at coming in. It also pays to have a little help from your friends. Added 284 square feet to the house and it feels like we doubled the size!

Anyway, here are the pics:

Back Porch before Project
2007111104Blackpavingdriveway.jpg

Back Porch After:
4050050307Additionfromtheoutside.jpg

Side View of House After:
4051050307Additionfromtheoutside.jpg

Dining Room Before:
0336011904.jpg

1802061004ArtandTammys.jpg

aspeck

Staff member
Re: New Addition

Dining Room After:

4034050307AllMovedin-almost.jpg

4035050307AllMovedin-almost.jpg

4047050307AllMovedin-almost.jpg

Looking into "Old Dining Room":

4045050307AllMovedin-almost.jpg

"Old Dining Room" now part of "Great Room":
4042050307AllMovedin-almost.jpg

Wife and I are both very happy with the outcome, and we ran natural gas to the porch so when I get home I can get a BIG new natural gas grill for Father's Day! YEA! Get rid of the small tanks!

Told some of you I would get this posted sometime, and tonight is the night!

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

WOW, Nice job.

On your way home can you stop off in the UK for a few weeks, I've got a few little jobs that could do with your skills.

:D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

That sure is a super job! The wait for those doors was worth it. I'll be putting a new roof on in a couple of months. Not looking forwards to it.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

Awesome work Aspeck!

Re: the first picture, couldn't you get better speed and mileage with a different car than the one in your driveway? :)

aspeck

Staff member

Awesome work Aspeck!

Re: the first picture, couldn't you get better speed and mileage with a different car than the one in your driveway? :)

If someone gets in my way I just run em over and smash em flat! :p

Best pic I could find of the back porch - it just had to be taken 3 years ago when we blacktopped the drive way.

aspeck

Staff member

Thos are some GREAT looking floors!

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. I am pretty proud of it. As for the floors, the "Old Dining Room" is true hardwood - Brazilian Oak (bought it at a builder's auction for $0.50 a sq ft - pre-finished! Couldn't pass up that bargain! The "New Dining Room" is a DuPont laminate floor from Home Depot Tony Stewart sold it to me :D ! Wife and I saw it and feel in love with it right away. Hardest thing was to match the floors together, had to be creative at the threshold of the french doors, but I think what we did will last, a bit of a toe kicker, but just high enough to see it.

QC

Supreme Mariner

This is another one of those threads that if anybody shows to Mrs. QC they're dead meat . . . :eek: :D Nice job Art!