Doesn't work in Perth????

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Hello fellow boaters, been a while. That's mainly because I haven't been able to log on... but I notice that I can log on in Singapore and some other Aussies are able to log on... Can a moderator, or anybody else for that matter, throw some light on this for me?

Chris..................

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Doesn't work in Perth????

Hey, long time, no see!......:)
I'm not sure how they get around it.....
They might have talked about it in the non boat tech forum.....
QC travels to OZ alot, I'll bet he can help......;)

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Dang achris, been a looooong time. I always thought that gun control thread sent ya off with a bad taste in your mouth.:confused: Glad to see that was not the case.:) Welcome back. Hopefully some one here can get ya back on track. There are several regular members who join us from the land down under from time to time, names I'm sure you'll recognize. And at least one member (QC formally Quiet Cat) that hooks up when he's in Aussie land on biz.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Hi achris, long time no hear, good to see you back.

You need to contact Dunaruna, he has a nifty little program that sorts out your logon problems (it's all to do with iboats security).

QC

Supreme Mariner

achris,

Welcome back . . . I'll be in Perth this next week on a whirlwind. What I do is use my company's VPN as a proxy server. Works well. There is some good info in non-boating tech as Dunaruna (Aldo) and I have posted a lot about it. Do a search for proxy server. Also check the web for free proxy servers. There are a bunch of them. Last time in Perth (March) I had no problems, but who knows what this trip will bring. Good luck!!!

Dunaruna

Admiral

Hey Chris, long time no hear!

Like Kevin said, you need to use a proxy server so that iboats doesn't 'see' your Australian ip address - they are blocking aussie addresses.

Been shooting lately? :eek: :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

I am in Perth now and like last trip I do not need a Proxy server anymore. Not the Company's VPN or anything. Just normal like it should be . . .

Dunaruna

Admiral

I am in Perth now and like last trip I do not need a Proxy server anymore. Not the Company's VPN or anything. Just normal like it should be . . .

Proxy in Melbourne still.

BTW, Have plans for friday night (tried to get out of it but can't), how's saturday looking?

QC

Supreme Mariner

My Brisbane plans are back on, so I am sticking to my original plan and go home from Bris on Sat. You'll just have to come to the States . . . :D

achris

Hi all,

Got the proxy thing sorted out.. I'm currently in Myanmar (Burma) and they are a bit funny about the sites they allow into the country (paranoid military government) and I can only get to iBoats through a proxy, so I'm getting good at it. Is there a thread anywhere on iBoats with a list of proxy sites? I'm using 'theproxyfree' but it seems a bit slow...

Chris...............

QC

Supreme Mariner

Do a search for Proxy Servers and a few threads come up. Look for one from me called Australasian iboats penalty box as it had another site noted. Check in on a few others too, as I think Aldo listed another one.

achris

Hey Chris, long time no hear!

Like Kevin said, you need to use a proxy server so that iboats doesn't 'see' your Australian ip address - they are blocking aussie addresses.

Been shooting lately? :eek: :D

Hi again Aldo... As it turns out I have been shooting lately, and this is the result..... Enjoy.....

watermark.php

Dunaruna

Admiral

Chris, I use an anonymous proxy program and it is (by far) the quickest but it costs about $30 bucks a year to subscribe. It is called 'Anonymizer' (dot com). You can download it and trial it for free for 5 days.

Where is the pic you promised?

achris

Aldo, Sorry about that... with the proxy I'm using I can't edit a post if something is not working.... I'll try again....

Enjoy......

watermark.php

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Is everyone still bringing a bottle of Johnnie Walker Red and a carton of 555's with them into Burma, achris?

Twenty five years ago that was the basis of the local economy. 'Course you had to make sure your currency exchange form as well crumpled and illegible when you left the country.

Jinx

achris

Aldo,

It's Westralian Dhufish, it tipped the scales at 15kg(33lbs). It was speared in 23 metres(75feet) at the west end of Rottnest Island, about 20 miles west of Fremantle. They are the premium table fish here. Was the middle of March, and he tasted great... Still have some in the freezer.... Yes, it is a 'he'. The extended fin on the dorsal is the telltale.

Jinx,

No JWR or 555's, just a normal immigration process. The currency here is Kyat (pronouced 'chat') and it's about 1,200 kyat to the USD. The highest note they have is 1,000. So carrying any amount of money is a brown paper bag job! The main problem here is that the military government are a little (read 'lot') paranoid and have blocks on any website with the word 'forum' in it. I have to got through a poxy server to get on to iBoats. (yes I see the spelling, it was deliberate). And there's a block on hotmail and yahoo too, and I can't log on through the poxy because hotmail won't accept the poxy's certificate!

that's all for now.....

Chris.............