Terrible news for kerry's war effort!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
CLICK HERE to see something you won't see on your nightly newscast.

I will bet the farm Pelosi is not happy about this.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
Re: Terrible news for kerry's war effort!

link goes to the latimes login page 12

rolmops

Vice Admiral

12footsie,what did you do to deserve this demotion?
Were you court marshaled?How long will you have to be in the brig?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Sorry, I'd have to register. :(

Do a text copy/paste.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Sorry you're having probs with the link. It does link to LAtimes. But ---

Well, here's a piece of it:

THE CONFLICT IN IRAQ: A SCENE OF NORMALITY
Holiday brings life back to park
In Baghdad, picnic sites and a train for children help residents celebrate New Year's and put aside the war for a day.
By Alexandra Zavis and Said Rifai, Times Staff Writers
March 22, 2007
New Year's Peace

- U.S. military frees Iraqi cleric's aide
BAGHDAD — Families spread picnic blankets under the trees. An orange-and-white-striped train ferried wide-eyed children around a lake. Teenage boys tried to catch the eye of pretty girls. And roller-bladers weaved through the crowds.
For a few brief hours Wednesday, life returned to Zawra Park as families gathered to celebrate Nowruz, the New Year holiday, in the heart of war-torn Baghdad.
Outside the park's wrought iron gates, there were the usual threats of gunfire and mortar blasts, and in Baghdad alone police recovered 33 bodies, apparent victims of sectarian killings.
But inside the park, the scene was breathtaking for its normality.

I dunno why it keeps doing that, Rolmops. I had probs about a week ago, emialed the mods, they fixed it, NOW I've been demoted agin! Must be my lovable nature has angered the senate. :)

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

They probably cherry picked the participants & put up extra blockades to make sure all went well.....;)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Yes. They probably did. silly me.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

12Foots said:
Yes. They probably did. silly me.

Whatdya 'spect from a guy who can't hang on to his stripes.;) :p 8)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

:) Yessir.. That's the way I roll.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Some sad news on the same subject just came in.
Gunmen in Baghdad rolled into an empty lot where a bunch of 8 to 12 year old boys were playing .The gunmen pulled their guns and killed or wounded most of the children.First information said that twelve children were killed.Their crime was playing in a mixed Sunni and Shia group

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

rolmops said:
Gunmen in Baghdad rolled into an empty lot where a bunch of 8 to 12 year old boys were playing .The gunmen pulled their guns and killed or wounded most of the children.First information said that twelve children were killed.Their crime was playing in a mixed Sunni and Shia group

These people are worse than rabid dogs. You don't negotiate with rabid dogs. You kill them where you find them. You show no mercy. You catch them in the act? if they raise their hands, blow 'em away.

If they could work their evil will on us, in our own front yard, they would do it in a nano second. And I hope I don't hear "they're only doing it because we are there". If we are not there, it would be multiples worse.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

12Foots said:
:) Yessir.. That's the way I roll.

Your new rank does not befit you 12. You are too easy.:p

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Women and children are of little or no consequence to these people. Killing them is no big deal. In fact at times it has to be done to restore the families honor. Or to carry out their master plan. There has been more than one report of car bombers driving cars with children in them through check points only to abandon the vehicle and detonate the explosives while leaving the children in the cars.

Link

Rear Admiral

In 2005 I was not able to say this.
Here on boats or anywhere.
But they quit be-heading people...
Instead they started drilling (boring) holes into the fore heads
of people they captured
And leaving notes on the bodies saying that Allah didn't believe
In torture! And that’s why they did this DUH!

You will never hear about this on American news..
Even though our media know about it.

Go Hillary in 2008!

PW2

Commander

Boomyal said:
rolmops said:

These people are worse than rabid dogs. You don't negotiate with rabid dogs. You kill them where you find them. You show no mercy. You catch them in the act? if they raise their hands, blow 'em away.

If they could work their evil will on us, in our own front yard, they would do it in a nano second. And I hope I don't hear "they're only doing it because we are there". If we are not there, it would be multiples worse.

I don't know who "these people" are exactly, Boom, but while you may be right, it is not our fight. Like any other country, they may be seeking their own power, over each other, but they all have one thing in common--they don't like an occupying force.

You don't really think they'd hop a tramp steamer to NYC, and renew their battles here. do you? AlQaida might, but then they'd do this anyway--but no way the various religious sects over there that we are fighting have any interest in NYC.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Good greif PW. You don't know who "those people" are? You missed the whole point of his post? How were you able to comment?

I guess every person who dies when we pull out will be on your head. Great idea! Rerun the killing fields! Less we forget, they have their own government, growing police force, and their future is in their own hands. The Iraqi people blaming us for the people you know nothing about is nothing but a cheap cop out! I can't wait to hear how wonderful it was under Sadam, I mean they had national healthcare - because someone was raping, whacking off body parts, and gassing them!

BTW they didn't hop a steamer, they hopped on jets!

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

This is for PW......

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke.

PW2

Commander

POINTER94 said:
Good greif PW. You don't know who "those people" are? You missed the whole point of his post? How were you able to comment?

I guess every person who dies when we pull out will be on your head. Great idea! Rerun the killing fields! Less we forget, they have their own government, growing police force, and their future is in their own hands. The Iraqi people blaming us for the people you know nothing about is nothing but a cheap cop out! I can't wait to hear how wonderful it was under Sadam, I mean they had national healthcare - because someone was raping, whacking off body parts, and gassing them!

BTW they didn't hop a steamer, they hopped on jets!

If you are referring to the AlQaida types that did attack us on 9/11, then they are mostly in their safe havens in Pakistan and Afghanistan. I'm all for going after those that threaten us, but we might be more successful if we looked where they were located.

Everybody on your side seems to be confused on this point, and want to lump in the Iraqis with AlQaida. While there may be a few thousand of them in Iraq, there's a heck of a lot more of them, incl their leaders, in Pakistan.

There will be a blood bath when we leave Iraq. I have no doubt about it. They've been warring for thousands of years. The Sunnis have been in power for years, and now they aren't. I have no doubt they want it back. The Shias haven't had power in years, and they like it. Iran is also Shia, and they like regional power. The surrounding Sunni areas are not going to be comfortable with Iran's newfound influence.

Just exactly what is 150k American troops plus or minus 20k. going to do to change that dynamic?

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

When was the last time any conquering power said OK we'll just stop here, we control enough. Note I said conquering NOT defending or liberating forces.