Relax, your in good hands..............or are you.......

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
So who's hands are they?................really.......Is there actually a group of people in DC sitting around discussing way to improve our well being. If so how can they mandate compulsory seat belt usage in cars but not mandatory helmet laws for motorcyclist. How can they justify banning smoking in public but not outlaw tobacco products altogether. Something just don’t seem right. Doesn’t seem to make sense,.................................maybe if we remove the facade of a greater good for the masses and say follow the money, the truth will bare out.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Re: Relax, your in good hands..............or are you.......

I don't think they're in DC. They're in your neighborhood.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Nope not in my neighborhood. Every one heres to busy working to make ends meet.

ob

Admiral

On the first question ,maybe it's because all of these baby boomer Peter Fonda Harley riding wanabes have now come of age as lobbyist and it ain't cool to ride your hog with a nerdy helmet on.Unless of course all of their spouses and relatives are head trauma surgeons. I have no comment on the second scenario.I'm still trying to make the $1 a pack increase in the state of Texas connection to the lowering of property taxes.I guess they figure that all of those dirty stinky smokers can just foot the bill since they have no regard for their or anyone elses health.Chronic drinkers however are not held accountable.Go figure,since drunk driving is the #1 cause of all teen deaths.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Its called eating your cake and wanting to still have it.:devil:

KaGee

Admiral

It's all about Money and Power... period.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I thought this was about Allstate.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help". From Ronald Reagan and there's a lot of truth to that. But ask New Orleanians who were abandoned in the Katrina aftermath what they think of that. ;)

One argument regarding helmets is that they do a good job protecting the head. Small consolation for quadraplegics. "Hey, I can't wipe my own butt, but I still have my looks". The added weight can contribute greatly to a broken neck. :(

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Git yer cotton pickin' hands off me!:|

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Who are ya callin a cotton picker? The Gov't never picked any cotton, they just determine how small a slice of the proceeds ya get to keep after the hard grind. :%

xtraham

Lieutenant

they want thier cake, and eat it too...........
EDIT: oop's missed vlad's post,

OldMercsRule

Captain

BoatBuoy said:
I don't think they're in DC. They're in your neighborhood.

BB it hurts me to agree with ya, but yer spot on here! Not the: "don't think they're in DC"; they are there too!
JR

OldMercsRule

Captain

WillyBWright said:
The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, "I'm from the government and I'm here to help". From Ronald Reagan and there's a lot of truth to that. But ask New Orleanians who were abandoned in the Katrina aftermath what they think of that. ;)

One argument regarding helmets is that they do a good job protecting the head. Small consolation for quadraplegics. "Hey, I can't wipe my own butt, but I still have my looks". The added weight can contribute greatly to a broken neck. :(

[colour=blue]Hey Willy, The local government corruption very directly lead to substandard levies, the US Army Corps of Engineers built the levies to withstand a category three at the time of construction, but that delta is sinking. The locals knew it, and the funds to upgrade just went into the pols pockets, (which was known and discouraged additional measures as it never went where it was supposed to). Did the French pick that location to set us up to fail? Respectfully JR[/colour] ps If ya wanna be a victim dependent on the government yer future is not very bright!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

<i'm just along for the ride.......without a helmet.....watching......

Few of em' from my hood are now behind bars....8) several to go tho..:|