Some Good News, (WbW may not accept this one), sorry Willy

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Re: Some Good News, (WbW may not accept this one), sorry Willy

"Operation Imposing the Law", OIL for short. Very apropos.

crunch

Commander

BoatBuoy said:
"Operation Imposing the Law", OIL for short. Very apropos.

What would you do without it?

crunch

Commander

Buy a sailboat?

:p

OldMercsRule

Captain

Mark42 said:
OldMercsRule said:

Ok, but why not? Got something to hide from normal people?

Not at all Mark42, I don't hide from anyone. You got real bent about my Ralph Peters' post, and I don't try to pick fights with anyone. The things I post are intended to stimulate critical thinking: not anger. I don't know you, (but I had always approached you previously in a respectfull manner), and I don't know what you define as 'normal'. Respectfully, JR

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I said I hoped it worked. But is it the calm before the storm? It was well publicized. They're probably just falling back and regrouping. One thing has impressed me though. I hear Iraqi personnel outnumber American personnel in a lot of the operations.
That's not a good sign. :(

That's a GREAT sign! :D

OldMercsRule

Captain

WillyBWright said:
I said I hoped it worked. But is it the calm before the storm? It was well publicized. They're probably just falling back and regrouping. One thing has impressed me though. I hear Iraqi personnel outnumber American personnel in a lot of the operations.
That's not a good sign. :(

That's a GREAT sign! :D

Kool Willy, I was just funnin' as I was not sure if the WSJ was on your approved readin' list. (They are a li'l more cornservative, [especially the editorial stuff], then the rest of the MSM). I don't know about you, but I have noticed a little less bombs goin' off, but nothing decent like this piece. The MSM does not want to report any good news about Iraq Willy! Respectfully JR

bekosh

Lieutenant

Signs in the news that the surge is working.
nonews%20is%20what%20copy.jpg

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Here is a memory refresher.
The USA military propaganda services have been paying news papers and bloggers good money to write articles that paint a very rosy picture of the situation in Baghdad.
They were caught doing this before and there is no reason to believe that they have stopped doing this,because it is part of the propaganda war.
When this type of news comes out of Baghdad it always seems to come from these 2 "independent" bloggers.These 2 guys write very little about over 50 people who died this week in suicide attacks.Even the pentagon wrote today that the current death count is the highest since the war started.

OldMercsRule

Captain

rolmops said:
Here is a memory refresher.
The USA military propaganda services have been paying news papers and bloggers good money to write articles that paint a very rosy picture of the situation in Baghdad.
They were caught doing this before and there is no reason to believe that they have stopped doing this,because it is part of the propaganda war.
When this type of news comes out of Baghdad it always seems to come from these 2 "independent" bloggers.These 2 guys write very little about over 50 people who died this week in suicide attacks.Even the pentagon wrote today that the current death count is the highest since the war started.

[colour=blue]Hey Rolmops, So help me understand here. The Financial Times is a CIA front company in the news buisiness, RIGHT? Hmmmmm. BRIGADIER QASSIM MOUSSAWI and MAJOR GENERAL WILLIAM CALDWELL are CIA spies/bloggers paid to distort and mislead us to thinking something positive is happining. Hmmmmmmmm. Now because those sharp ol' Arab tribsman are coordinating with Democrats, and the MSM, (to include the FT from time to time), they will just hide until their buds defeat us here at home then they will have their way. Did I get your position correct here ROLMOPS??:}:}:} JR [/colour] ps Ya know Rolmops, I just don't get it. Have you ever considered anything positive about our great country, and do you want us to win? What is your objective my man?

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Merc, I would love for our army to win and get out of that sand box. The propaganda machine is one of the tools that is used to make this possible. In every war in every country in the world,this technique has been used in order to keep up the morale on the home front.The entire concept of embedding reporters into army units is an outgrowth of this technique.
I deeply love this country and the very fact that I exist today is because American soldiers liberated my father from a concentration camp.Disagreeing with the current direction of our nation does not mean that I do not love it,it means that I believe that we should do things in a different way.

OldMercsRule

Captain

rolmops said:
Merc, I would love for our army to win and get out of that sand box. The propaganda machine is one of the tools that is used to make this possible. In every war in every country in the world,this technique has been used in order to keep up the morale on the home front.The entire concept of embedding reporters into army units is an outgrowth of this technique.
I deeply love this country and the very fact that I exist today is because American soldiers liberated my father from a concentration camp.Disagreeing with the current direction of our nation does not mean that I do not love it,it means that I believe that we should do things in a different way.

[colour=blue]OK Rolmops, I accept that. Did you read all three articles? The sources were varied. What would it take to overcome your cynicism? Why are you so invested in defeat? Don't you think a possitive outcome for Iraq and you and I and the world is possible? I for one sure hope so! But I guess you think me a fool for looking at the positive possibilities, and accepting news contrary to the dark stuff from Dems Libs and the MSM? Respectfully JR[/colour]

rolmops

Vice Admiral

OldMercsRule said:
rolmops said:

[colour=blue]OK Rolmops, I accept that. Did you read all three articles? The sources were varied. What would it take to overcome your cynicism? Why are you so invested in defeat? Don't you think a possitive outcome for Iraq and you and I and the world is possible? I for one sure hope so! But I guess you think me a fool for looking at the positive possibilities, and accepting news contrary to the dark stuff from Dems Libs and the MSM? Respectfully JR[/colour]

Merc,I am not invested in defeat.There is no winning or loosing in a middle eastern war.We have stumbled into a society with completely different values and we naively thought that we could make them like us.They are not interested in being like us!Democracy is an alien concept thought up by non believers.The uneducated masses have no desire to change their lot,they were taught that this is their predestined fate in this world and they believe it.
Anything western reminds them of the colonial period and they do not want anybody telling them how to run their life,unless that person is a fellow Arab and moslem.
The best we can hope for is creating an artificial situation which will fall apart the day after we leave.
I spent 25 years in the middle east,farming, soldiering and studying.I learned arabic and trained kurdish troops in the 80s.
My opinions are based on personal experience and not on political ideas.
Your opinion that democrats want to loose this war is ludicrous.Nobody wants his own country to loose.
What does irk democrats is the untold billions of dollars that go to a questionable war instead of providing health care,education and a living wage for Americans.
For Pete's sake,this administration did not even bother to take proper care of the wounded soldiers coming back from the war.These soldiers were left unguided in a bureaucratic swamp and in dirty hospitals.They betrayed the very people who put their lives on the line for America.Do you think that these wounded veterans will ever trust this administration again?

QC

Supreme Mariner

OK, I'm gonna take that bait rolmops . . .

We have a desire (need) for them to change.

I don't believe Democrats actually want to lose anything either, but I also don't believe that you or them see any aggressive tactics to change the unacceptable status quo in the Middle East as acceptable. It is live and let live even when we are at risk, which we were and still are from a variety of sources. I would support this war even if the only thing it accomplished was doing something instead of nothing.

Do you really, honestly, believe that this money would go to anything else if we were not at war regardless of the Administration? Are you suggesting that some super duper, Pres-o-the-compassionate, would sit down and say "we would've had a war, but we aren't 'cause I am nice, and I am smart, so let's give that unspent money to people who earn less than $17.25 an hour as a supplement to make up the difference. And while we're at it, whatever is left, let's build and staff a few free hospitals."? Non-sequiturs, not related, never gonna happen . . .

Do you believe "this Administration" knowingly allowed the VA stuff?