Start this boat sport in USA .....

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Start this boat sport in USA .....

we have it. called the start of the bass tourney.

Scaaty

Vice Admiral

Too much fun! (I watch the cats Playing vid too..crazy)

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

I can't believe some nut isn't doing that over here.
Looks like a cross between sidecar bike racing and sky diving without a chute.What does it cost to get started and what type motor do they run?

deejaycee_2000

Captain

Well you can get a good second hand rig for about $3000 to get started, we only run 50hp motors, either yamaha or tohatsu, 3 classes, stock standard, blueprint class, and full modified with no limits class ....... a new setup would be about $10000 with modifications etc. lotsa fun .....

Chunder06

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well that rules you out DJ:% only 50hpd:)

deejaycee_2000

Captain

hahahahaha not really ..... the max HP is 50hp I run a 50hp full modified, puts out about 75hp ..... I practise with a stock standard 70hp with tiller conversion ......

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Forgive my ignorance but do you run 2 stroke or 4 stroke and how well do the modifrieds(sic) hold up?

deejaycee_2000

Captain

2-stroke only ..... we do 5 day races at WOT with the modifieds .... very little problems actually ..... a motor can last up to 4 -5 seasons racing WOT .....

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Do the rules specify 2 stroke? I assume a specific displacement is required.It appeares you don't use what we used to call a surface drive prop.
Is propeller bite touchy with the cat design?It appears they plane easily when the weight is right.

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer

Whew! That is nuts!
Mac

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

I'm surprised it isn't happening here, it looks like a blast! Why the footrace at the beginning?
btw DJC, you're welcome in the States anytime, with or without the race :love:!

deejaycee_2000

Captain

steelspike you are right only a max displacement of 849 cc on the full modifieds ..... we use custom made 16p stainless cleavers with extra cup sharpened so it can cut a steak .... hahahaha ........ it doesn't take much to plain it at all the boat is very light ..... the footrace in the beginning is too make it fair as some get the motors going before others etc. the pilot must start the motor, so no one can come afterwards and say the other did this and that .... hope that makes sense ......... I don't think they will allow me in the US, I will probably be deported same time I get there ..... hahahahaha ... although I always wanted to see california .......

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer

Where can I pick up one of those hulls slightly used? I don't know if I have the stones (or back) to run flat out but, I think it would be a blast around here.
Mac

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Actually they have been racing that class in the states (or at least here in Fla) for several years now.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

Hey Mac, I am not sure where in the US you will get one of those, but you can easily import one from either the UK, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa, as it is very light the shipping would not be too hectic, second hand ones without a motor and trailer is always available for sale online ......

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

V12, contact Tom Roehr (roar) in Sarasota at 941-955-5246. He has (or did have) one that he races. He may not want to sell his but he'll know the dealer(s) for them in Fla. Tell him I said "howdy".

v12mac

Chief Petty Officer

Humm, I'll see if I can get this under the "wife" radar...

Mac

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Lol! Let me know where you hide something like that. I'm running out of ideas.....

deejaycee_2000

Captain

hahahaha, .... your wife will love it ..... let me know if you get it, i'll help you with the motor setup specs .....