FREE POPCORN TIME - WI - MN - IL get together 2007 Date, Location, Directions

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: FREE POPCORN TIME - WI - MN - IL get together 2007 Date, Location, Directions

^^bump^^

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer
Re: FREE POPCORN TIME - WI - MN - IL get together 2007 Date, Location, Directions

Anyone planning on bringing friends and relatives to the lake?
I will be bringing a good friend of mine. He is my fishing/carpentry/canoeing/drinking partner. We dont get together much anymore since he moved. So this should be a good time. Also I have an update I do plan on making it up there early friday Like around 10 am. We want to be setup and boating by noon. I hope someone else is planing on being there around then also. I dont want to be the person who chose the bad camping spot. :)

Adam

gonfishn

Commander

Ok.Where and when. Don't have time to sift through all these pages. Although from What I have heard A few of you are shall we say different.

I hear Roscoe is not Quite Five feet tall and Muskyone tends to live for speed.
I could go on and on here but I wont. Euro Larva is by far the worst of the group when it comes to fishing

bekosh

Lieutenant

Ok.Where and when. Don't have time to sift through all these pages. Although from What I have heard A few of you are shall we say different.

I hear Roscoe is not Quite Five feet tall and Muskyone tends to live for speed.
I could go on and on here but I wont. Euro Larva is by far the worst of the group when it comes to fishing

Here is the info. I'm sure Roscoe will be along shortly to add to it.:D
OK then, not to be selfish or exclude anyone, but let's do this thing.

Adams County Petenwell Campground.

July 7th weekend.

I know a couple of you may not be able to make it for the full weekend, but I think the rest of us will do our best to help you out, so you can maximize your time.

I for one, will have my grill, and screened cooking tent with stove, table, lights, and cookware, and I will have an extra sleeping tent along.

So, WillyB and wildbill, if you can make it, and want to travel light, feel free to share my facilities.

Ralph and Joel, you are welcome too, but bring your own tent because.... BECAUSE ! :^ 8)

I may be there as early as Wednesday the 4th, depending on if I can get someone to tend to my animals. So if anyone wants to get in an extra day or two of fishing or camping, feel free to join me.

Here is info on a few of the motels in the area.

1 mile away :
Bay Rest Resort
Can't find a website so I have no idea what it is like or the rates.
They have a motel and cabins.
608 564-7020

15 miles due south:
Camelot Motel
http://www.castlerockeast.com/
Small motel, some kitchenettes, $50-$70 a nite

17 miles southeast:
Super 8 motel - Friendship WI
Their online reservation site is down, :(
So call them at 608 339-6088 Probably in the $50-$70 range

I'm having trouble with the online maps for some reason.
If you mapquest for 1940 Big Horn Drive Arkdale Wi, you will get a map.

Directions:

From the Twin cities or NW Wisconsin:
Take 90-94 to Tomah
Exit Hwy 21
East on Hwy 21 to County Hwy Z
North on Z to Monroe Center, Go west on Big Horn Drive

From Madison-Chicago, or south of Milw:
Take 90-94 north from Madison to I-39
North on I-39 to Coloma exit, Hwy 21.
Go West on Hwy 21 to County Hwy Z

From West Bend-Oshkosh-Green Bay:
Take 41 to Hwy 21 exit at Oshkosh.
Go west on 21 to county Hwy Z.

Sounds like a plan. It's on my calendar. Thinkin of camping on the boat, but bringing tent too.

http://www.adamscountyparkswi.com/
http://www.petenwellcastlerock.org/images/pcpoa map.jpg
http://www.thelandman.net/PetenwellCastleRockLakeMap.htm (print this)

Lake%20Petenwell%20and%20Castle%20Rock%20Lake.jpg

petenwell_19990727.jpg

pcpoa%20map.jpg

DISTMAP.GIF

gonfishn

Commander

Well looks like I won't make it this year folks. I am landing on the homestead June 2nd through the 10th. Anyone who wants to come up and fish some let me know. Plenty of room.

muskyone

Master Chief Petty Officer

hey jeff shoot me a email might be able to make it for a few and the new boat is built for comfert not speed

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

This is way to Far Back for us to bee this close. I drove past the campground today but, didn't have time to stop. HWY 21 is under construction between Necedah and the campground turn off. You only have a clearance of 11'. So those of you that have large boats might want to consider going around. You can take the detour but, will have to back track. This is only for people that are comeing from the west. From the Est you should have no problem if you jump on HWY 21 after Necedah.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Good info Skiuseme.

Still looking for feedback on campsites.

Close to launch ramp?
Individual sites?
Group area?
New area?

As much as I would like to be in the new sites, they are the farthest from the launch, showers, and restrooms, and would likely spread us out all over the place.

Group site on the water? Or group site off the water?

What do you all think?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Summary of info:

Get together, July 7th, 2007.
Some will be camping for 2-5 nights.

Adams County Petenwell Park.
If you mapquest for 1940 Big Horn Drive Arkdale Wi, you will get a map.

Directions:

From the Twin cities or NW Wisconsin:
Take 90-94 to Tomah
Exit Hwy 21
East on Hwy 21 to County Hwy Z

From Madison-Chicago, or south of Milw:
Take 90-94 north from Madison to I-39
North on I-39 to Coloma exit, Hwy 21.
Go West on Hwy 21 to County Hwy Z

From West Bend-Oshkosh-Green Bay:
Take 41 to Hwy 21 exit at Oshkosh.
Go west on 21 to county Hwy Z.

theres a bait and genral type store right on the corner about 1/2 mile up from the park. there was a really good restrant in big flats.
wi rapids is only 20 min away lots of hotels there.

I picked up a Hot Spots map and have been looking at it for a few days.

The map even shows where the obstruction buoys are.
So you might want to invest the $7.95 and get yourself a copy of the map.

Here is info on a few of the motels in the area.

1 mile away :
Bay Rest Resort
Can't find a website so I have no idea what it is like or the rates.
They have a motel and cabins.
608 564-7020

15 miles due south:
Camelot Motel
http://www.castlerockeast.com/
Small motel, some kitchenettes, $50-$70 a nite

17 miles southeast:
Super 8 motel - Friendship WI
Their online reservation site is down,
So call them at 608 339-6088 Probably in the $50-$70 range

Park website:
http://www.adamscountyparkswi.com/info.shtml
brochure:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7653/brochure005ti1.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8493/brochure014wy7.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7278/brochure012ap7.jpg

Anyone bringing a camper, or are we all tenting it?

Last edited:

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

I would prefer the back random camping area because it is not wide open. The Camping Area that is in between the 2 showers is just a flat, open, no trees, and no privacy area. I dont remember the side one though. Personaly I will probly just bathe in the lake and only need a place with let her fly. Also it depends if anyone is bringing a camper or anything else that needs power or water.

I guess the person that gets there First Will have to make there best judgement call to stake out a spot for the group. (How many are we up to by the way)?

muskyone

rosco when are you getting there wife has to work on the 4th so i'm thinking of leaveing on the third

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Not sure when I will arrive, 3rd or 4th, haven't decided yet.

I think we are up to 11 tents, 25-28 people.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8493/brochure014wy7.jpg

So.... the random camping just to the left of the launch is good?
Or do we want to be on the water, in the random camping tent only at the top of the picture?

muskyone

well if ralph stays he needs to sleep on the other side of the lake his snoreing will keep people up thay have changed the campground alot since i worked there this is your show pick the best spot but that is a busy weekend so good luck

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

this is your show pick the best spot but that is a busy weekend so good luck

my show - LOL - I've never even seen the place.

wouldn't if be safer for all of us, to let the women pick the sites?

bekosh

Lieutenant

We are going to sleep on board the boat either in a slip or on the trailer if we pull the boat out at night. I don't think the tent only area would work for that.

sangerwaker

Commander

Don't matter to me where we camp. Take whatever area looks best. Either looks good on the map, but in reality it may be different.

I may try and talk the family into coming Friday night, but we'd get there late. I'll keep ya posted.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

bekosh, I believe there are gravel parking pads in the tent only area.
I believe it is designated "tents only" to keep the monthly and seasonal motorhomes from taking all the sites on the water.
They are kind of saving some of the good water sites for the daily and weekly tent campers.

I guess we will see when we get there.

muskyone

it would be nice to be on the water i'm not so lazy that i cant walk to a shower or jump in the lake or go 4 days stinking

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Ok, getting down to crunch time on this outing.

Hope you are all getting ready.

Anyone have questions?

How about everyone that is thinking about attending, let us know.

bass buster

Seaman

I am seriously thinking about going. You all told me about this before, and now that my boat is good to go, I think this would be fun!
I live in a suburb of Milwaukee, I'm not too far away. I've been in the Adams/Friendship area quite a few times.

I would be bringing my 2 kids along, so I think I'd be staying in a motel. Although we do enjoy tent camping too, I guess it would be easier for me, less gear to bring along.

A question I have, is where exactly are you all going to meet up in the park, or at the launch, and at what time? I know its at Petenwell park. How could I find you guys? I would probably arrive later in the morning, on the 7th.

I plan on bringing my grill, and some grub, so let me know where and when.
Thanks!