Okuma Coronado CD 65

dpdiverz

Recruit
Have purchased two of these reels from wall mart in the last several months. On both have caught one large in shore fish . First was 16 inch Sheepshead, second on 12/14/06 was 25 inch Cubera(grey) snapper. Then next use both cranks broke in the exact same place! On the crank side just outside the jacket where the pin goes through the ball. Has anyone hade the same problem? also on Epixor all metallic finish peeled off from lower part of reel after only 5 or 6 uses. Any info on Okuma products?:/

MRS

Commander
Re: Okuma Coronado CD 65

Do not know much about them but they did sponser the striper durby in arizona that we fish every year and they quit. You should go to there web site and let them know they might make it worth your while. The reels I use are over 15yrs. old and still working great Diawa and lew childar speed spools. I think they sell there lower end reels at walmart but still they should not break like that when catching fish.

Five O'Clock

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'd be weary of any gear purchased at Wal-Mart. Not that all of their products are cheap, but their main goal is to sell "good" products at "cheap" prices.

I've found, in the fishing industry, you get what you pay for. I've had Penn reels for quite some time and haven't had any problems.

I purchased my reels on Cabelas.com and my rods from Offshoreangler.com, which is the Bass Pro Shops store for saltwater fishing.

ManOfwar690

Seaman

yes i have and i disslike there drags too i rebuilt mine with 4 sst washers and 3 polly washers now it works great but is ugly
i would never buy 1 again but i love penn