Livewell Problems!!

Hi everyone! I was hoping for some advice. I have recently purchased a new (left-over) 2005 - 1600 ProSport. I used it for one afternoon just to get it out before the snow flies around here. Anyway my problem is that the livwell that is located in the bow does not work like it should. The water barely trickles in. It takes about 7-10 minutes to fill the livewell. I am afraid that it will prematurely burn out the pump. My dealer says that the hose is sometimes pinched under the livewell when they install it from the factory. He says that they will have to remove both consoles and the front floor to get at it. Is this a big job? Will this cause more problems with alignment once things get put back together? Any comment is appreciated

:'(

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Livewell Problems!!

Yes this is a big job. But is the dealer going to do it for free? And what are you talking about when you say alignment problem? Shouldn't be different than before because all they are doing is rerouting a hose.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I would hope the dearler would stand behind it since it is "new", although it is a '05 model, still new.

The dealer said that they have to check with Lund prior to starting the job but they had better do it for free! It wasn't even 2 weeks old when I informed them the problem. I actually brought it in and they tried using air pressure in the hose to snap it back in place. It worked somewhat but still not nearly the way a new boat should.

As far as alignment problems I am refering to will they be able to get eveything back the way it should? Will the walk-through windshield still close properly, will the storage compartment doors still open and close properly etc...

Do they have to disconnect any wiring to any of the gauges etc... to do this job?

Thanks for your replies!

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Ya. they have to disconnect wiring + controls...
But, They should have factoriy trained technicians to do it. It should get installed the same way it does in the factory. In fact, it would probably be easier to do it in the factory because all the tools + workers are there.

mnmarlin

Recruit

walleyeman said:
Hi everyone! I was hoping for some advice. I have recently purchased a new (left-over) 2005 - 1600 ProSport. I used it for one afternoon just to get it out before the snow flies around here. Anyway my problem is that the livwell that is located in the bow does not work like it should. The water barely trickles in. It takes about 7-10 minutes to fill the livewell. I am afraid that it will prematurely burn out the pump. My dealer says that the hose is sometimes pinched under the livewell when they install it from the factory. He says that they will have to remove both consoles and the front floor to get at it. Is this a big job? Will this cause more problems with alignment once things get put back together? Any comment is appreciated

:'(

All you need to do is unscrew the aerator fitting in the livewell - they screw in and out to control the flow of water into the livewell. They can be shut off completely. I'm surprised your dealer didn't know this.
tad

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

7-10 minutes is about right for a well of about 20 gal. If the intake is in the stern and the well in the bow, that's a long way to pump ...

Tempeny

Recruit

All you need to do is unscrew the aerator fitting in the livewell - they screw in and out to control the flow of water into the livewell. They can be shut off completely. I'm surprised your dealer didn't know this.
tad

had the same problem with mine , and the valve was actually closed si i had no flow. But now it works great.:D

The good news was that after replacing the cartridge on my request the livewell works like a charm! I guess being that it is a 2005 purchased in the fall of 06 the cartridge maybe got siezed over time.