For those who think global warming is an ALGORE joke...

rwise

Captain
Re: For those who think global warming is an ALGORE joke...

"While it's impossible to prove conclusively the changes are the result of global warming"
When they word it like this, well you know.
My self the earth goes through changes, is it warming globally, well it is here I used to ice skate on the local ponds, now they don't even freeze over, that is if they have water in them,,,,,,

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

ATTN: ALL GUILT RIDDEN LIBERALS

No conservative that I know doubts the existance of "global warming"!!!!!!!!

What is in great doubt is that it is being caused by the Evil White European Western Civilized World. The worlds climate is cyclical. It is a good thing that Environmental Whacko Leftist Kool-Aid drinkers were not around during the time of the Revolutionary War.

We probably would not have been able to win our independance because the Mini-Ice Age that was in progress at that time would probably have been blamed on all of the shot and cannon being fired.

Or maybe it was all the shot and cannon that were fired that caused the Global Warming shortly after the War.

THE WORLD WIDE LEFT HATES THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND WILL USE ANY VEHICLE AT HAND TO BRING US OFF DOWN TO THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR. It is sad there are so many adherants in our own country.

treedancer

Commander

To all the naysayers I ask, what if you’re wrong? Don’t let political ideology get in the way of the world that you are willing to pass on to your grandchildren, at least check out all of the facts yourself.

Check out where the sources that you hear on the radio and or TV come from, some may be correct some may come out of there axx, at least check it out. Im doing the best I can to check out everything, haven’t come to a conclusion yet , still trying. Seems to be a whole lot of agenda, on both sides of this issue.

For the life of me I cant see any political gain that can be had on either side, seems to me that this is a world issue, rather than a united States issue, and here we are making it a Republican versus Democrat campaign issue, Dumb.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, if global warming (I believe it is happening) is caused by human activity the contributions of western Europe and North America are trivial compared to China, South America (burning the rainforests) and Mexico City (most populous city on earth).

I am not convinced that global warming is caused by human activity anymore than I am convinced that El Nino is caused by human activity, though AlGore hasn't figured out yet how we cause it.

The mini-ice age of the 18th and 19th centuries is believed to have been caused by major volcanic eruptions. One major eruption of Krakatoa, Tambora or even Yellowstone would put us right back there.

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

We are seeing a lot of evolution now," Parmesan said. However, no new gene mutations have shown themselves, not surprising because that could take millions of years, she said.

Let's see ... evolution. Been happening for millions of years. Global warming and cooling .. been happening for millions of years. Species evolving and species going extinct .. over millions of years. How miraculous for "scientists" in this day and time to suddenly have the answer to what's been happening .. over millions of years. Millions of years, mind you, and now we have it all figured out. And to think, these same scientists (experts of the day) once claimed statistical proof the world was flat! Yeah, let's blame it on Dubya. Ah, libs, if only more of the things they know so much about were true instead of wishful thinking.

Oh, and global warming isn't a joke .. just AlGore! :^

Mike722

Petty Officer 1st Class

I believe the earth is getting warmer. I also believe that the human race only has so long on this planet and we will be extinct and their is little we can or are willing to do about it.

The biggest problem facing the earth is over population. The capacity of the earth's resources to provide for the human race, animals, and plants has been exceeded. If there were less people, we need less cars, factories, houses, etc that cause greenhouse gases and other pollution. Less people would provide more room for trees and plants that are the natural filters on earth. Less people would provide more room and habitat for wildlife.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Boatbouy, as long as you selectively pick the "scientists" needed to back-up algore's assertions, you will never convince rational people who read all the data on the subject that chicken little was right.

Your data is biased, therefore your conclusions will be too.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I must assume from your post that you are a rational person that reads all the data. So tell me where the data is biased.

crunch

Commander

BoatBuoy said:
I must assume from your post that you are a rational person that reads all the data. So tell me where the data is biased.

Did you read Pointers link?... or just blow on by it.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I didn't blow by Pointers link. Good link, good info.

My last post was in response to 12Footer, not you. Does he need you to come to his aid?

treedancer

Commander

Quote curmudgen
Yeah, let's blame it on Dubya. Ah, libs, if only more of the things they know so much about were true instead of wishful thinking.

Not trying to blame Dubya on this one but if you insist I could most likely point some blame his way.

This is what concerns me the most. Not the above rhetoric.
Current Earth population=6,606,743,870

Births this year=115,605,175

Deaths this year=47,536,100

Net gain=68,069,075

Source= http://www.worldometers.info/

The animal and plant communities of the past, undisrupted by human development, could adapt to the changes by migrating, or by shrinking or expanding populations. In shrinking animal populations, of course, there is an excess of deaths over births, by starvation or predation.

Our current human population, faced with comparable climate change, will have a similar choice, and there is now little room for migration.

In other words where we gonna put them? Of course every species has their own natural enemy, I guess when we shave in the morning we are looking at our own natural enemy???

We focus here on sea level change, the impact of which is likely to be on such a scale that adaptation cannot be as a presented preferred option.

The Greenland icecap is vulnerable, and its loss would mean a sea level rise of some 7 metres as it creates its own regional climate, its loss may be permanent. In Antarctica, the recent break-up of ice shelves has precipitated increased streaming of ice from much farther inland, which potentially represents the initiation of a much more serious ice-sheet collapse.

The threat to humanity is clear: such a disappearance of living space (with some 100 million people living within less than 1 metre above present sea level) would represent a virtually impossible burden to a human population that is already struggling to feed itself, and is set to add another three billions to its numbers this century.

crunch

Commander

BoatBuoy said:
I didn't blow by Pointers link. Good link, good info.

My last post was in response to 12Footer, not you. Does he need you to come to his aid?

What, I can't post here? :%

crunch

Commander

treedancer said:
Quote curmudgen
Yeah, let's blame it on Dubya. Ah, libs, if only more of the things they know so much about were true instead of wishful thinking.

Not trying to blame Dubya on this one but if you insist I could most likely point some blame his way.

This is what concerns me the most. Not the above rhetoric.
Current Earth population=6,606,743,870

Births this year=115,605,175

Deaths this year=47,536,100

Net gain=68,069,075

Source= http://www.worldometers.info/

The animal and plant communities of the past, undisrupted by human development, could adapt to the changes by migrating, or by shrinking or expanding populations. In shrinking animal populations, of course, there is an excess of deaths over births, by starvation or predation.

Our current human population, faced with comparable climate change, will have a similar choice, and there is now little room for migration.

In other words where we gonna put them? Of course every species has their own natural enemy, I guess when we shave in the morning we are looking at our own natural enemy???

We focus here on sea level change, the impact of which is likely to be on such a scale that adaptation cannot be as a presented preferred option.

The Greenland icecap is vulnerable, and its loss would mean a sea level rise of some 7 metres as it creates its own regional climate, its loss may be permanent. In Antarctica, the recent break-up of ice shelves has precipitated increased streaming of ice from much farther inland, which potentially represents the initiation of a much more serious ice-sheet collapse.

The threat to humanity is clear: such a disappearance of living space (with some 100 million people living within less than 1 metre above present sea level) would represent a virtually impossible burden to a human population that is already struggling to feed itself, and is set to add another three billions to its numbers this century.

Fallacy 9: Global warming will produce a rise in sea level. Again, not so, according to de Freitas. For one thing, he notes there has been no acceleration in long-term sea level rise over the past century. Plus, he cites the work of many scientists who suggest that warming could result in greater snowfall over the polar ice caps, transferring large amounts of water from the oceans to the ice sheets and possibly halting sea level rise.

http://www.tysknews.com/Depts/Environment/debunking.htm

18rabbit

Captain

JB said:
... One major eruption of Krakatoa, Tambora or even Yellowstone would put us right back there.

If/when Yellowstone pops it could reduce the world’s population down to just a few hundred lucky(?) survivors, globally. The dome on that thing is something like a 200-miles across, and rising. And like all other spectacular natural events, it's over due. Last time Yellowstone popped it tossed bolder 3500 miles. Nope, you don’t want to be on this planet when it pops.

Link

Rear Admiral

18rabbit said:
JB said:
... One major eruption of Krakatoa, Tambora or even Yellowstone would put us right back there.

If/when Yellowstone pops it could reduce the world’s population down to just a few hundred lucky(?) survivors, globally. The dome on that thing is something like a 200-miles across, and rising. And like all other spectacular natural events, it's over due. Last time Yellowstone popped it tossed bolder 3500 miles. Nope, you don’t want to be on this planet when it pops.

YUP Agree with both of you.
The rock we live on is designed to take care of herself! :)
And she don't care if you just hate President Bush! :devil:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

treedancer said:
For the life of me I cant see any political gain that can be had on either side, seems to me that this is a world issue, ....

Here inlies the crux of the matter, one that all the Feel Good Liberals (as opposed to the Liberal Elite) suck up like so much Kool-Aid. I don't think that anyone can doubt the human caused Global warming is predominantly a Left Wing Cause.

The political gain is this. If the Western World's Power (specifically the US) can be neutered by reducing it's source of Power, that is the political objective. Energy is power and keeps the United States on top of the heap. Remove that energy and.....

How do you spell K-y-o-t-o?

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Fear the global warming all you want, believe what you want, read what you want, and hear what you want. A main concern is the ability to keep our infrastructure working. If for some reason electrical power as we know it now ceases to work, over population of the world will stop and start declining.

It is very obivious that the climate and landscape changes with long periods of time. Mother nature will always kick azz no matter what man does or doesn't.

I also heard Al Gore was in Africa talking about global warming. IMHO that is a joke, the shape that country is in, global warming is the last thing on their minds.