How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb

ricksrster

Commander
How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb

I think it only takes one,but the light bulb has to really want to change.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

d:)

QC

Supreme Mariner

Ayuh. 1 to ask when Mutley will dig this up . . .

ricksrster

Commander

While we are on the subject are Pampers or Luvs preferable to change a light bulb?

QC

Supreme Mariner

I absolutely prefer to change a light bulb over a diaper . . .

crunch

Commander

QC, don't you find that if you break the lightbulb (my prefered spelling) over the diaper it's then not fit for use even if shaken out?

<a href="http://www.">link</a>

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

custom your link doesn't work. :p

ttiwwp.gif

Terry Olson

Chief Petty Officer

The lightbulb or the diaper???

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

You said it takes one to move it to the lighting section. We don't have a lighting section.

sorry. I had to do that.

Ron G

Commander

d:)d:)d:)

xtraham

Lieutenant

so... what is the best light bub? (bub) "Pocomoke pronunciation"
and how much torque should be applied to it?
where can I get a bub torque wrench?
do you have to retorque it when it cools?
I did a search and this is the only thread I found on bub's

crunch

Commander

ricksrster said:
How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

You forgot 1:

26 people to make light bulb jokes. :%

i386

Captain

We need a few to regurgitate what Limbaugh said about the lightbulb.

We need a few to tell us that those who don't agree hate the light and wish for darkness.

We need an intellectual dissertation about the light bulb's life cycle.

We need a nay sayer to poopoo the intellectual dissertation and respond with "yap yap yap yap".

We need to discuss if we should even be using light bulbs.

No one said anything about George W. Bush in the context of the light bulb, but we need someone to accuse one side of blaming him for its failure.

We need Rumsfeld to tell us we read with the light bulb we have.

We need hippies to protest the existence of light bulbs.

We need some to suggest using a fluorescent light bulb next time as a cheaper alternative light source.

We need someone to poopoo that idea too and buy the biggest light bulb possible and put black stickers on it.

We need someone to make sense of it all because none of us really knows what the hell's going on.

QC

Supreme Mariner

i386 said:
We need some to suggest using a fluorescent light bulb next time as a cheaper alternative light source.

I didn't know Al Gore was a member here . . .

crunch

Commander

I think Al would want us to turn off all of the lights... they create heat you know.

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

don't forget about the newbie asking about his engine and then all the posting bad comments about him and the mod who tries unsuccessfully to move the engine repair question to the outboard NON repair forum. Then the other mod who just says "screw it" and deletes the whole thread. Then the people who say they hate the mods. Then the person who reposts the question. THen the admin who gets tired of all this and just shuts down the the website for three days in order to make it better because a stupid lightbulb messed up all the postings. Then you have all of the people complaining about how slow it is. etc. etc.

Then you have some weirdo who comes in and posts about a stupid lightbulb again - and the people who posted about a lightbulb. You've set this site up for doom I tell ya.