Source for Vinyl for boat

superpop

Master Chief Petty Officer
Hi folks, I am replacing the vinyl in my boat and am doing the side panels right now. The Vinyl that was in the boat was glued to a hard plastic mold and seems to be kind of rubbery. It just peeled of the plastic and I assume that I can now spray the plastic with glue and then apply the new material. Any ideas on where to buy this stuff.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Source for Vinyl for boat

What? The vinyl or the glue. i'd visit your local auto upholsterer for either one.

superpop

Looking for the vinyl it does not have a fabric backing and that is what has me curious about where to get it. I have some pretty deep wells that the vinyl will have to stretch into and I dont think the fabric backed stuff is going to stretch that much.

superpop

Got the Vinyl at Joanne Fabrics for way less than Ebay. Used a 40% off coupon. What Glue do guys reccomend, I need something super sticky to hold it as I have a bunch of deep wells that the material needs to stretch to cover. Any ideas.

superpop

OK, so I got the vinyl and have the parts but I am struggling with getting the vinyl to stretch out to fit the very rounded parts. Help, I tried heating it up but that doesn't work very well. Any tricks with this.

Bondo

Staff member

Without Seeing what you Mean,..........

Vinyl Doesn't Stretch very well,.......
Matter of Fact,....
I've never seen it Stretched to form on Anything other than across a seat or something......
And that's Not the Vinyl Stretching,... It's the Foam Compressing.....

As for a Good Glue,.......
The Pro's Choice is 3M, Super 77.............

woody20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Has anyone tried Defender.com? I ordered floor vinyl @ $14.99 a running yard. Also Jo Anns is the best for just vinyl.

KaGee

Admiral

superpop said:
Got the Vinyl at Joanne Fabrics for way less than Ebay. Used a 40% off coupon. What Glue do guys reccomend, I need something super sticky to hold it as I have a bunch of deep wells that the material needs to stretch to cover. Any ideas.

JoAnn has marine grade vinyl in 54" widths. I've used it on my trim. Less than 10 bucks a yard.

Cptkid570

Ensign

I found vinyl on ebay to be a lot cheaper than joanne fabrics's. Unless you have a 40% off coupon like Superpop found..