Red October- GO CARD's!

danpemby

Chief Petty Officer
Well they did it! Heck of a game last night. I would prefer they blow out the Tigers in 4 but if it takes 7 so be it :)

Kwas

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Red October- GO CARD's!

Doesn't matter, either way there will be riots in Detroit. :'(

KaGee

Admiral

Siberian%2520Tiger%2520471057.jpg

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

As much as I'd like to see the National League win the series it aint gonna happen this year.

danpemby

Chief Petty Officer

Ah now Keith why you gotta be like that? LOL They said the Padres would kill em, Said the Mets would destory em. Them guys are sitting at home watching from the comfort of their million dollar homes.

aspeck

Staff member

??? I thought DA BEARS already beat the Cards?

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

Ya burn a couple cars and you're marked for life.:love:

In all seriuosness congratulations to the Cardinals fans.

I would have preffered theTIgers play the Mets, they seem to be a little weaker depth wise, but they, The Tigers, made it to the seires and thats more than I ever thought was possible this year. It should be a good series, may the best team come out on top.
"Go get 'em Tigers"

danpemby

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks Dale, I am hoping it is better than the 2004 showing in the series. I think the Tigers pitching may really be the key to winning this one. When they are on they are awesome.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I think it comes down to the Tigers bullpen. Its a good one.

I am a homer all the way, so I wouldnt mind seeing the Cards win being a NL Central team...........but then I think back to the fact they beat the Brewers in our only WS chance. That and I don't think they deserve it I guess. Thats not really the word I want to use, but they barely sqeaked into the Playoffs.

treedancer

Commander

Quote pony.

but they barely sqeaked into the Playoffs.

But they beat the team with the best record in the National league to win the series, go figure.[go Cards]

danpemby

Chief Petty Officer

They had a bad September, other than that they really were a solid team the entire year. I remember the Brewers series well. Wreaked my car that night (Had nothing to do with too much celebrating, no really , no I am serious....Well ok maybe)

I also remember the I-70 series and the 2004 series :-(

Pony

Rear Admiral

I think they are a good team. I can't say they were solid the entire year except for Sept though...........

The 7 game losing streak in Sept wasn't as bad as the 8 game streak in June/July, (that one being the worst.....I think they went 2-13)or the Streak between July and August. None of this as you know compares to Milwaukees complete meltdown, oh how I wish I could combing this years 1st half and last years 2nd.

Don't get me wrong, they have a definate shot at the Series. I just don't think any NL team has a chance against the Tigers. They are playing some really good baseball right now.

2004 was their series to win, I thought it was their year......they just ran into a Red Sox buzzsaw.

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

Well the Tigs had a rough second half as well so maybe this will be a series of resurgent teams. i think its going to come down to the Tigers pitching, can they hold up their current standards. We shall see. The cards hitters are scary but Then again so were the Yanks. I think the Cards have a better staff then the Yanks but will still rely on their key batters producing more than shutting down Detroits key batters.

Pony: question for ya if you remember (I recall you being a few years younger than myself), how do you like NL play vs. the AL style.

My personal like are for the NL style, I hate the DH as a primary reason. It supports incomplete players. Also I think the Al promotes the HR as a means of scoring while the NL fosters the idea of advancing runners by any means neccesary. As someone who played to a high amateur level I love the hit and run and sacrifice's that the NL seems to employ more often than the AL. I guess I just see it as more of a strategic game in the NL.

Pony

Rear Admiral

Oh I don't wish for a second the Brewers went back to the AL. I love NL play, for many of the reasons you have already mentioned. The double switches, the small-hit baseball........there is just more strategy involved. I love the fact that at least every three innings the manager has to decide wether to pull the pitcher if he has RISP and needs some runs. I see the DH as an excuse for power hittiers who can't run to stay in the game. Like you said it supports the guy who can't do anything but hit. Definately a career extender in the AL. The NL as a result of the pitchers hitting emphasises the pintch hitter, who has to be a "true" hitter. The guy who hits to the opposite field, protects the plate, and isnt up there to put the all in the stands every at bat.

Fishin' Jeff

Chief Petty Officer

Hey guys, why dontcha email a few of those ideas to my man, Buddy Bell...oh yeah, K.C.'s an American League team. BTW what's a designated hitter? We haven't seen one of those here in a while!:$
Go Cards! (it's been a long time since we've had something to yell about in K.C.)

treedancer

Commander

Tiger’s won, Missouri [7-1] Tigers that is, just beat Kansas State. So to keep the ying and yang in alignment the Detroit tigers must loose tonight.8)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I think it will be a good series, but look for the Tigers to win.