Status
Not open for further replies.

puddlesplasher

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Boat names.

PuddleSplasher

No space between names is the name.

Microplus 501 Explorer.

Its my old "handle" from my younger times on that old illegal radio channel that the smokey bears didn't like us being on.

10-4 good buddies hehehehehe :D

asdasc

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Our first boat was bought when a customer cancelled a meeting at the last minute. I had 2 hours to kill so I went to a boat dealer to look around. I found one and called my wife to ask if we could buy a boat. She said 'sure!' so I told her thanks and hung up. Found out later that she thought I was kidding! We picked it up 2 days later and named it 'On a Whim!'

The Pontoon boat I got to haul materials out to the cottage we have on a small island. We named the island Tortuga, where Jack Sparrow went to recruit pirates. After that, we had to name the pontoon the Black Pearl!

MightyMach

Cadet

Growing up duck hunting my dad had a 15' fiberglass flat bottom boat we called the queen mary. Another hunting boat my brother and i used was dubbed the sinker. my first boat is a 1990 lund with a b i tchin camo paint job inside and out....it is named "The Camo Toe." Never spelled it so I guss that could be tow?? My latest money pit, a 65 tri hull has no name yet....

pcrussell50

Petty Officer 1st Class

this 135hp 16 footer is called "mad max" hopefully you can tell why;) and it's intoxicatingly fast, too. even with a 21" prop pitch, i still have to back off the throttle quite a bit to keep it from over-revving. i might try a 23. but they are expensive, and i only paid $1000 for the boat, all up and running great.

this 13.5 footer has 35hp is called "the little lady moura"

she was named tongue in cheek because she is so very opposite to the real "lady moura", which we see on frequent mini vacations to the french riviera...where one of my favorite things to do is wander the docks and check out the outboard powered ''tenders" and stuff that's more my size. my "lady" is so simple and small, she doesn't even have a bilge or a floor. if she gets water onboard, we bail it out with a slurpee cup.

-peter

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Wow, this is an old thread !!!!
Ours started out as "Out of The Blue" as that is how we got it but as there is no blue at all on the boat we changed to "Hardly Blue" which became "Harly". Our current tow vehicle is called "Jimbo" the Jimmy.

silveraire

Petty Officer 1st Class

ok, I'll bite. I've only named a few of my boats. my first boat, a 1968 silverline bel aire was named "tubby" My fiance thought it looked like a bathtub(at least I hope she was refering to the boat) My pontoon never was oficially named, but is refered to by the name "floater" and barely is. the current boat(and prob the rest to come) is named "Aquaholic" for my two combined hobies(boating and good whiskey) What can I say, a man has to have a vice or two.

chad

paultheg

Recruit

Got a Haines 37 proudly named "Cirrhosis of the River". Previously on our Birchwood 25. Thames Chertsey

paultheg

Recruit

ok, I'll bite. I've only named a few of my boats. my first boat, a 1968 silverline bel aire was named "tubby" My fiance thought it looked like a bathtub(at least I hope she was refering to the boat) My pontoon never was oficially named, but is refered to by the name "floater" and barely is. the current boat(and prob the rest to come) is named "Aquaholic" for my two combined hobies(boating and good whiskey) What can I say, a man has to have a vice or two.

chad

Chad you aren't the Aquaholic that gave us a tow once from Sheeperton to Hampton?

Summer Fun

Banned

I'm in my own little world when i go boating.....Wayne :) .
Picture_010.sized.jpg

exsailor

Seaman Apprentice

Picking up the new boat this weekend (leftover 07 Trophy 1802) and it will be named "Best Revenge" as were all the others that came before her. For those that don't get the reference.............it's the old adage that, "living well is the best revenge". :)

rrhodes

Chief Petty Officer

I wanted to name our Pontoon 'Just Chillin' Because it already has JC all over the seats. My wife wants to name it "In Debt" So for now she has no name.

silveraire

Petty Officer 1st Class

Chad you aren't the Aquaholic that gave us a tow once from Sheeperton to Hampton?

nope, wasn't me. But if it will make you feel better, I will take claim to it.
icon12.gif

Good to hear that there are some helpful and friendly boaters out there still.

chad

ZK

Seaman Apprentice

mine have no names yet. a friend of mine has run a charter fishing boat out of racine wi and clls it the Happy Hooker!

I know the Happy Hooker well... I'm a member at 5th Street Yacht Club, we're just up the river from her...

My 16' Silverline is called "Size Doesn't Matter", she got named in a contest at the yacht club.

Other names that were up for a vote was "Undercompensating" and "Training Wheels".

I also have friends at the yacht club that ran a fishing charter, they had two boats, named "Overpaid" and "Underworked". They don't own them anymore, but if they did, I was going to name my boat "Underpaid" and dock next to them.

pcrussell50

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'd help anybody with a tow, any time. heck all I do is buzz around and just enjoy being on the water, maybe eat a snadwich or something. helping somebody out with a tow would add a little purpose to the outing.

-peter

jamoke

Cadet

Signs of the times seen at local marina:

Beautiful 30 foot cruiser named "Bull Market"

Also seen on the same boat "For Sale".

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

"Finnegans Wake", i thought it was pretty original.

tavett

Seaman Apprentice

Mine is named Lil Mouthy, it reminds me of my wife.

how about something maybe like this,,,, Full Boat = 3Ks & 2 As (ask Alice)

Status
Not open for further replies.