Just too much to take!

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Just too much to take!

Disgusting! Simply Disgusting. The rules should NOT apply to this war. My son just joined the Army. What rules would be followed if he is captured? NONE! :'(

mattttt25

Commander

cute story. maybe the real one is that there were too many innocents among the funeral. or maybe they didn't have a positive ID on the participants, something you may want to have prior to dropping a large bomb on them.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

I'm with ya LD......Pull the f-n trigger.
mrs_BangHead.gif
mrs_cussing.gif
mrs_let_it_all_out.gif
mrs_5censored.gif

If ya hang out with this your not innocent.
news091306007.jpg

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

mattttt25 said:
cute story. maybe the real one is that there were too many innocents among the funeral. or maybe they didn't have a positive ID on the participants, something you may want to have prior to dropping a large bomb on them.

Bomb the bunch! If that prick goes to a funeral armed to the hilt, with a rocket, and whomever is there allows it, they are sympathizers. Kill'em all. Allah will sort them out.

crunch

Commander

Seems the brASS hats learned nothing from Vietnam, give the enemy sanctuary of any kind and you lose.

But is we had bombed the funeral we would have heard about it from the rest of the world.... what am I saying, F ck the rest of the world!!!

PW2

Commander

That's what you get when you attempt to fight a political war.

A bad political result trumps a good military result

ob

Admiral

What war doesn't have political roots??

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I doubt that the pic of the dude with the RPG was taken at the funeral.

I see no reason why the participants couldn't have been tracked and ZAPPED after the deal was over and they weren't in a cemetery any longer.

Think about this: What would the bleeding heart press have done with a report that we blew up a cemetery, and what would the left leaning sheeple have to say about it?

It's bad enough that our resident left wants to refer to U.S. military personnel knocking down doors and blowing away innocent fathers. They would have GWB personally ordering the blowing up of sacred graves.

Hard call for someone, but a right one.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I have no words for this one. If true, Bush has shown political cowardise on a level all his own. War isn't pretty or neat or friendly. The liberal press is going to paint Bush negative regardless what he does. If dropping a missile on these pukes saves one soldier it is not only worth it, it is a victory.

Can't bomb a graveyard. I assure you the residents won't object.:devil:

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

If they need to be killed KILL THEM!!! Funeral, mosqe (sp?) where ever they are. I said a long time ago to take off the gloves and fight this like a war. Either way Bush gets the short end of the stick, mind as well take some scumbags out.

And thank your son for his service for me!! His sacrifice is appreciated by some.

crunch

Commander

I see no reason why the participants couldn't have been tracked and ZAPPED after the deal was over and they weren't in a cemetery any longer.

JB, did you see how many were there? We don't have that many drones in inventory.

What war doesn't have political roots??

ob, all wars have political roots unless you are attacked and are just defending yourself...but once the politicians have made the decision to go to war, they need to butt out and leave it to the professionals, or didn't we learn anything from Nam?

We should look back on what happened to the USSR in Afghanistan and learn the lesson well. These people think their mountains are sanctuaries, and they were to an extent from the Soviets... but not from the tech we have.

One drone relaying real time intelligence about troop concentrations with GPS, and one plane at 30,000 ft with an air-fuel bomb would put payed to anyone within a 1 mile circle... I'm sure the Generals have thought of this, and I'm just as sure the Politicians vetoed it.

Vietnam all over again :'(

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

well last time we did it, on credible evidence. we bombed a wedding party with NO taliban or combatant ties and fed into the terror recuiters hands.
I just watched general, paige I think, on CNN saying they could not be sure of the intel and decided to play another day rather than drop a bomb and blow away a couple hundred farmers,wives and kids.
seems some of the intel gets a bit dicey. one warlord will give intel about a gathering of another just to get them bombed. thats appearently what happened in that wedding party bombing.
all muslims are not the enemy, all are not even muslim.
I served on a ship with some muslims that could have blown the ship to oblivion at anytime while standing an engineering watch.
no matter how much the right blathers I fear no muslims.
however if we dont either pull out and isolate ourselves or add enough troops to actually win in both afghanistan and Iraq simultaneously this will continue for many many years to come.

and howcome suddenly the afghans supply some 90% of the worlds heroin while we have so many troops in country ?
thats stuff is as good as cash or oil.

crunch

Commander

Opium, and the Poppies it comes from has always come primarily from that region, it's a cash crop that most rural people depend on for life itself. As for why, with so many troops in the area it's still growing... this is the war on terror, not the war on drugs... politics again.

Now that you have brought up Iraq... Rant on !!!

We had no business there after Sadam was captured... we should have declared success and pulled out... but no...

Our politicians had to justify why we went in, WMD, bringing Democracy to the heathen, etc... all to show the world that they were wrong not to join our coalition and we were right.

Now of course most of the world is against us and saying this is a war for oil... let them say it and make it true.

Instead of our soldiers driving around in Hummers with a big target on their backs, withdraw to the oil fields.

Draw a 20 mile exclusion zone around the fields and patrol with drones... back up the drones with strike aircraft and "spookies" (cargo aircraft with 105's, 20 mm vulcans, and 7.62 mini-guns) and take the oil !!!!

When these 12th century throw backs show that they have grown up and can handle the world responsibilities of that much wealth... well, worry about that if it ever comes.

My bet would be that they will keep killing each other just like they have for the last 10,000 years.

Rant off.

Bet gas prices would go down to a buck a gallon, and we would get some pay back for all the years we kept the USSR off the worlds back.

My $2.00 worth (adjusted daily to reflect the adjusted inflation rate... currently at .000002% GAO)

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

custombycrunch said:
Opium, and the Poppies it comes from has always come primarily from that region, it's a cash crop that most rural people depend on for life itself. As for why, with so many troops in the area it's still growing... this is the war on terror, not the war on drugs... politics again.

Now that you have brought up Iraq... Rant on !!!

We had no business there after Sadam was captured... we should have declared success and pulled out... but no...

Our politicians had to justify why we went in, WMD, bringing Democracy to the heathen, etc... all to show the world that they were wrong not to join our coalition and we were right.

Now of course most of the world is against us and saying this is a war for oil... let them say it and make it true.

Instead of our soldiers driving around in Hummers with a big target on their backs, withdraw to the oil fields.

Draw a 20 mile exclusion zone around the fields and patrol with drones... back up the drones with strike aircraft and "spookies" (cargo aircraft with 105's, 20 mm vulcans, and 7.62 mini-guns) and take the oil !!!!

When these 12th century throw backs show that they have grown up and can handle the world responsibilities of that much wealth... well, worry about that if it ever comes.

My bet would be that they will keep killing each other just like they have for the last 10,000 years.

Rant off.

Bet gas prices would go down to a buck a gallon, and we would get some pay back for all the years we kept the USSR off the worlds back.

My $2.00 worth (adjusted daily to reflect the adjusted inflation rate... currently at .000002% GOA)

You have something there!:love:

crunch

Commander

You have something there!

Yea... I know, now if Nancy Regan was still in office... 8)

The US has, for the first time in history, the power to settle the world down and quit wasting the worlds resources on war... the problem is, we don't have the political leaders with the guts to do it.

We have the tech and the fire power to take the money machine away from the terrorist states. (and I include specifically, Saudia Arabia... they fund most of it while hiding behind our military)

Take the Mid-East oil (who could stop us?) Then set fair prices that take in costs and a modest profit... the world would eat it with a spoon after the obligatory protests, and thank us for it later... as long as we didn't let it go to our heads and f ck it up royal.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

ERICKIMS
YEP I AM SHOUITING
I fear no muslim nor mis guided christians.
they will kill me, I will kill them or its all a wash anyway.
however I am secure in the knowledge,just as the other radicals are, that I am gonna see heaven.
wanna duel about it ?
there are to much profits from to many intrests to ever defeat this.
its the poor boots on the ground that suffer.
when I was active duty E-5 I made almost 20 K a year.
once I got booted I made 350 a month and have had to sue the VA for my bennies which has gone on for some years now.

this aint a war, this is political posturing and providing buddies with extreme amounts of cash.

but hey :) maybe:) while I got your attention. why is the bush admin blaming the pakistani's for not securing the afghan pakistani border ?