Hey Stan_Deezy

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander
Were you passed on the A1 on Friday or Sunday by 3 nutters on loud bikes-one with a skull mask on?

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Hey Stan_Deezy

That was a mask?????

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Yeah :p

I couldn't look skeletal if I tried.
Too many pies. :p

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Nah, not me. I've finally got some well-earned leave. First break in six months and I'm missing work like crazy.............not had too many jobs in my life I could say that about. Start back again next week and it can't come soon enough!

Whereabouts on the A1 where you?

I did get passed a few weeks ago by a crowd of bikers who did a double take at me and I wondered then if one of them was you or if I'd forgotten to put on my clothes d:)

Still keeping my eyes peeled for "Young European" sure I saw "Old European" (or very similar) a few months ago and wondered if was a relative of yours?

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I don't work for Young European anymore.... Cowboys.

Nah wouldn't have been me back then-I haven't been north of Derby this year on the bike til Friday gone.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Ah hang on then, if you don't work for young european then how am I supposed to recognise you when you're out in my neck of the woods?

I guess there are some clues I've managed to string together over the years:

1. Blond

2. Porky

3. Trucker

4. Green around the gills (from the Searider)

5. Mucky fingernails.......from the outboard

6. Cute passenger 8)

7. Mad

8. Probably a good driver..............so that'll make you stand out like a sore thumb d:)

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

On the other hand Stan how are we ment to recognise you, just because you drive a dayglow FWD..............

BTW I drive a white van, you can't miss me.

d:)

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

How to recognise me..................hmmmmmmmm.

1. Scottish (rare in this job!)

2. 6'6" (in my socks)

3. An "upside-down head" as my colleagues grand-daughter described me: so that'll be shaved head and a goatee then.

4. Absolutely no customer service skills apparent.

5. Rather large apart from just being tall.

6. The best driver in the world, ever, full stop, no argument, end of.

7. An eye for the ladies.................(only joshing Ms Deezy, don't invite yer sister to stay for the weekend again!)

8. Placid (some would argue that point but they're baddies)

9. I drive a red Ferrari on my days off.

10. I smell of engine oil, have grazed and cut hands and fingers as well as having a permanently furrowed brow (see number 9!)

11. Always to be found in the motorway services doing coffee and donuts or smoking furtively around the back of the buildings.

12. I don't look like Ms Deezy's sister, at all, in any shape or form!

so that should give you something to go on?

Hmmm didn't have you down as a "white van man" RPJS, did you have to fail a special driving test for that one 8)

How's the quitting smoking coming along?
I'll be giving up sooner than I thought: just bought a leather interior for No.9 above and when Ms Deezy see's the cost of that I'll be lucky to be able to suck my food through a straw :/

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Recognising me is easy :D

1)I ride a bike too fast that looks like it's been dragged out of a swamp and gives everything in a 3 mile radius tinnitus. I don't carry passengers-she's got her own bike :D

2)I drive a rather rare metallic blue Jap Import Isuzu Mu that looks like a Tonka Toy.

3) When in an artic I can often be found asleep or with a bored look on my face and the feet on the dash while waiting for an idiot in a car to stop trying to intimidate me into reversing...

4) Add most of your description but without the Scottish bit or the Ferrari and a number 2/mullet...

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

stan_deezy said:
Hmmm didn't have you down as a "white van man" RPJS, did you have to fail a special driving test for that one 8)

How's the quitting smoking coming along?
I'll be giving up sooner than I thought: just bought a leather interior for No.9 above and when Ms Deezy see's the cost of that I'll be lucky to be able to suck my food through a straw :/

It depends which hat I have on.

cars.jpg

The giving up smoking is HELL. I'm irritable, bad tempered, eating more than I should and have an attention span of about 3 sec.

PS It's good to see that there's another person who is as good a driver as me.8)

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

^^ A Jag AND a white van?! Bring on the carnage :D

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Now, is that the "Special Edition" Jaguar?

The "Special Edition" Jaguar has indicators fitted and they are sometimes used by the Panama hatted gentleman driver 8)

All lesser Jags seem not be fitted with indicators, or for that matter, an engine capable of a speed in excess of 35 leptons per hour :^

White vans on the other hand seem to be incapable of speeds of less than 70 leptons except when ogling crumpet :love:

Me? I never stereotype vehicle drivers, especially when I've got my trilby on 8)

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

What's a lepton? Is it like a small rabbit?

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Nos4r2 said:
What's a lepton? Is it like a small rabbit?

DOH! Wrong forum: leptons used on another forum to describe high speed runs (usually late at night on deserted motorways :D )

You on a day off today Nos?

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

No mate, off sick on docs orders after another bloody industrial accident due to badly designed equipment.

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry to hear that Nos and apologies for not responding sooner................I'm on blooming nightshift :'(

So what happened, when, how, why, prognosis, injuries, pictures? 8)

You'd have wanted to have been with us the other night: a wagon carrying 24 tons of whisky overturned at Scotch Corner roundabout. Let's just say that the emergency turn-out to the call was slightly excessive 8)
From the air it must have looked like a major chemical incident what with the number of water-fairies, meat wagons, and cops there as well as ISU's, traffic management contractors etc etc etc..............

Me? Never touch the stuff..................hic! :love:

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

OOh ya git! Where's my salvage?!

Pulled muscles and stuff-left shoulder swollen and puffy.I had to hold up a quarter of a tonne cage that was trying to land on me.back to work when it doesn't hurt too much and rest til then.

Damn I'm bored..... :mad::

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Aye, a lay-off can drive you crazy but look on the bright side, you can sit and watch daytime TV and learn all you ever wanted to know about antiques, decorating, moving house or other people's delinquent kids 8)

Nah, not much fun really being off work when you can't do much anyway. I take it ribbing is out of the question?
I still hanker after a searider but 'er indoors is creating merry heck over the state of the bank account due to the amount of money being poured into the car(s) :'(

Had a bad 'un last night just south of us: local police turned up at a three vehicle RTA and decided it wasn't that serious. A fourth vehicle had caused the accident but had left the scene. Injuries were minor cuts and bruises and three badly damaged vehicles. As the recovery operation got under way the guys suddenly spotted the fourth vehicle, 20 metres away in undergrowth with the dead driver inside it. There's gonna be a load of questions asked about this one.........don't be surprised if it makes the headlines!

Hope you get better soon, if I'd known I'd have saved some of this loverly liquid "medicine" for you 8)8)