ramming the water patrol

freddyray21

Commander
Well we took the boat out for her second "maiden voyage" after working out the kinks in the linkage and putting a thermostat in it. Once we got out to the no wake buoy we got the answer we were hoping for. She jumped right up on a plane with no hesitation. Ran great with the new 21 pitch prop. Tached about 4300 and ran about 34 mph. I don't think I'll have a problem pulling skiers with this one. I would have skied yesterday as we saw a couple out there skiing, but my wife did not want to pull me without a spotter even though we have a ski mirror. She's pulled me before with the mirror, but this a strange boat to her and she needs a little time to get used to it. After we played around a little bit I saw the water patrol out by the ramps and pulled over close to him to see if he would do a safety inspection on her. I pulled around him so my port side would be to his starboard side. I idled down and thinking my wife was going to grab the pole we keep from running into the dock I killed the motor. As we drifted closer my wife still just sat there. Finally I grabbed for the pole, but it was too late. Our bow bumped his motor. No damage done as we were running very slow, but embarrasing none the less.

freddyray21

Commander
Re: ramming the water patrol

proves you don't have to know how to operate one just have all the right equipment

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

freddyray21 said:
proves you don't have to know how to operate one just have all the right equipment

You been talking to my wife, haven't you!!

d:)

AK Chappy

NBE

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, did they give you the inspection after that? d:)

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Talk about backing up the law!! You did it the hard way.8)d:)

KRS

Banned

good news.

Here it's illegal to ski without 3rd body.

freddyray21

Commander

should be here, but it's not. We don't do it regularly. There is one hole on the river where if we get down there early in the morning we will. Problem with ski mirrors is you can only see the skier if they are right behind the boat