ok started working on it again, inline 6 Alpha 1 gurus inside

peacekeeper6

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have dual mercruiser inline 6's with alpha one or MR drives, i hear these are very similar drives anyway. the problems i am having are as follows.

1. Engine wont rev in unison. Either one reves and the other dies when you put it into gear and try and rev it or it will stay idling but they dont rev together.

2. The shifters are messed up. for some reason when i put the drives back the right one wont shift to fwd, worked fine before, and the other wont shift into rev, it worked fine before also. these are my two problems. Please help me!!

peacekeeper6

Re: ok started working on it again, inline 6 Alpha 1 gurus inside

how do you get carb? it mght be i am just asking becasue the engines will rev if they arnt both trying. its very hard to explain.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

snakethis69 said:
how do you get carb? it mght be i am just asking becasue the engines will rev if they arnt both trying. its very hard to explain.

Obviously,,,,,But your gonna have to do a little better than that.

peacekeeper6

lol ok, here it is, I took it out on the water to get a feel for what it was doing so i could work the kinks out. i put the left engine into fwd and can rev a little, after i get so far it starts to cut out and die. so i rev it a little and try and match the right to it. problem is the right one dies after being put into gear. and BTW it doesnt go into FWD gear yet, i havnt even begun working that kink out.

whywhyzed

Banned

fuel flow problem?
Tank vent?
Shut off valve?