1991 Lund live well pump problem/question

streetracer

Recruit
I have a 1991 18ft lund TIE and my live well pump has died (I think) but I am having problems locating exactly where it is at. The stealership is not any help and just wants me to bring it in. But it should be a simple fix/replacement as long as I can actualy find where the pump is.

If anyone has an idea of where it is please let me know. Along with how to get to it.

Thank you in advance,
John

MrBigStuff

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1991 Lund live well pump problem/question

Unless someone has specifics, the easiest way is to follow the intake hose. On all my boats, they were located in the worst possible location, at the back, in the bottom and behind the fuel tank. You have to be very small or a contortionist to reach them. The worst part is you can usually see them very easily but can't reach it. The last boat I bought had a non-functioning, left side pump. I made them fix it before buying the boat and it was a bear. I heard all about their troubles when I picked it up and just chuckled...at least it wasn't me doing the work.

rottenray6402

Ensign
Re: 1991 Lund live well pump problem/question

Normally the live well pump / aerator pump intake actually prutrudes through the transom of the boat and may or may not have a cover over it. The cover could look like a plastic cap with slits in it or maybe a screen that screws onto the intake tube of the pump. Have you used a test light to check power from the switch and possibly trace the wires back? Hopefully this will help and I would imagine sometime soon that someone more familar with Lunds can tell you exactly where it is. :)