For all you musky nuts

FLATHEAD

Commander
This fish was caught today by one of our local forum members in the Delaware river. Just thought I might post it up for you guys.<br /><br />
release.jpg

bubbakat

Captain
Re: For all you musky nuts

A good way to start off the fishing season.

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

What are the objects on the bill and back of his hat? just curious.

LadyFish

Admiral

Is that a fishing license on the back of your cap? I'm curious about the device on the brim too, is it a razor blade for cutting the line?
icon127.gif
<br /><br />Oh yeah, nice muskie Flahthead. Let the fever begin. :)

gonfishn

Commander

Boat came out today,PM tomorrow,in water by Thursday(hopefully). Ain't she a beaut. What did he catch her on FlahtHead? Suppose to be a warm 43 degrees Thursday. Perfect weather for some spring gators..

gonfishn

Commander

Psssssst Ladyfish..I don't think he caught this gator..First fisherman I have met that tells the truth when its someone elses.. :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I think that thinggy on his hat is a locator beacon. If you catch a large one that pulls ya out and around the lake a couple times that thing flashes so your mates can find ya, Yeah that's it. The item on the back is his ID in case the beacon fails and somebody else finds him a couple days later. Gattor fishing is not so much a sport it's more like combat.<br /><br />Speaking of combat, I could use a little soon. My mind is starting to think weired thoughts, don't tell anyone though cause it's not eveident to the casual observer.

FLATHEAD

Commander

Ladyfish that guy is one our local fishing forum members. It,s not me I'm much better looking :D That thing on the back of his hat is his fishin licence, in Pa. you need to have it displayed while you fish. I am not sure what that thing is on the front of the hat. I'll have to ask him when I see him,I think it might be a light, but it could be a locator beacon. :D <br /><br />As far as how Archie got her I copied his report and posted it below if anyone is interested.<br />---------------------------------------------<br /><br />BillyBass reminded me to tell the best part of the story...<br />I brought the muskie gear, but we started out in this spot that sometime holds 'eyes. I had 6 lb test trout pole with a 3 inch black mr twister 'formulated' for walleye (whatever that means). Casted out and retrieved while just ticking the bottom in 6-9 ft of water. <br />Then, wack!, and a few drag peeling episodes later, we had her. Great fight! Didn't have time to measure her as I wanted to get her back in the water as soon as possible, and I don't have one of those floating 60inch rulers (YET!). That was great medicine for the winter blues. <br />See you guys at the meeting tis week.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

in Pa. you need to have it displayed while you fish. I am not sure what that thing is on the
And this is supposed to do what??<br /><br />Do you have to display your drivers license while on the road too??

DaleT

Chief Petty Officer

The thing on the front of his hat looks like a flashlight made by underwater kinetics. They are great little LED units. They have either the clip seen in the picture or a key chain accessory, and with the company name you might have guessed are waterproof.

aspeck

Staff member

Roscoe, I know, it doesn't make any sense, but them is the rules! Gotta have the license displayed so the warden doesn't have to ask to see them, only has to ask for you to take them out of the holder so they can inspect them. Makes a lot of sense, huh?!?