Tournament Day

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer
Well went out for the trout tournament for the fist time this season. Weather was cold (42) wind at 10mph gusting up to 20 was going to be a rough day. <br />This was at the boat ramp we are about twentyish in line (this is the upper parking lot).<br />
boatramp121402.jpg
<br /><br />If you want to see how boats are suppose to be put in you need to come down here and see us put in 60 boat in one hour with only two ramps which are about 75 yards long! It was poetry in motion!<br /><br />Trolled all day with 3 to 4 foot swells!<br />
troll%20tourn121402.jpg
<br /><br />My buddy Barry who actually knows how to help with the downriggers so I don't have to do all the work!<br />
Barry.jpg
<br /><br />Well we hooked 10 fish. 2 keepers 7 stockers (under 15inches) and 1 that broke the line (probably the winning fish!)<br />Ended up finishing about 6th or so out of 60boats so I would say we did a great job. A lot of people came home with nothing to show and I did and had a great time. :D

ebbtide176

Commander
Re: Tournament Day

it seems you gave a good effort and it paid off! congratz! one that broke the line, eh? hmmm, thats always good for adrenaline rush ;)

NOSLEEP

Commander

60 Boats in one hour, great launch job<br />If we tried to do that around here there would be guys lying on the ramps. Looks like a nice lake.<br />what kinds of fish in that water.I see you were down rigging, can you use bait? or just spoons.<br />what depth did you find the fish at?.

Fishbusters

Ensign

Cool. great job on the fishing. I will get with you after Christmas with what my weekends look like and we can see if anything works out with HMMMM now what was his name agian?

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

Thats a 76 Honda 7.5 Four stroke. And thanks to JB it purs like a kitten. Trolled all day at 1.5 mph and used 2 gallons of gas. :D <br /><br />Merry Chistmas everyone!

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

I'm fishing for Brown and Rainbow trout. Record out of this lake was 16lbs! I mostly use spoons just because they are a lot easier. You can use live bait but you have to make sure you use a small hook And clip the lines in the releases very gently. Cause when a trout hits live bait he expects it to stop moving. So when they hit it the first time it must come out of the release. Then they will hit it again and Fish On. Also trolling around with the lines barely in the releases cause them to come out a lot. And I usually have my lines stacked on the downriggers so its a pain to re-rig them all the time. Depth I caught all these fish this weekend was 48ft. :D

NOSLEEP

Commander

I have a honda 50 5hp kicker on my <br />boat. runs forever on hardly a squirt <br />of gas and pushes me along below 1 mile phr<br />great when you realy need to move slow.

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

been there with the launch did a tourny in quinte this summer 122 boats dropped in 2 1/2 hours

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

Did I mention I run around 8 hours when I troll. I'd say thats just about right. At half throttle. :D

digimortal777

Petty Officer 1st Class

ohhh ok lol<br /><br />holy crap half throttle do u not scasre away all the fish lol

Fishbusters

Ensign

I know I said we might meet up and go fishing but some recent developments are gonna keep me either at or near home for a long while. I hope you have some good luck and one day I am gonna come up there and take a look at what I hear is one beautiful lake even if I don't get to fish it.

trollhole

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry to here that but the offer is still on the table when ever you get the chance. :D