Water / Fuel seperator

U68423

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Question is it ok to install a fuel / water seperator on my Force 125 ? If so how would I go about it and where could I purchase one ? As always thank you... :)

The Marine Doctor

Commander
Re: Water / Fuel seperator

Not something I would recommend doing.<br /><br />The more connectors...more travel distance...more chance of the engine running lean.<br /><br />TMD

U68423

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thank you for your help. You said more travel distance, how much fuel line should there be after the prime bulb, looks like I have an extra 12 -16".....

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not that I'm questioning TMD by any means, however, I'm running a water/fuel separator and it's been on the boat since I bought it and I just replaced the old one with a new one.<br /><br />Not to interfere with this posting, but is TMD recommending that you indeed do not run the fuel/water separator?

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

TMD,<br /> Understood and thank you. The only thing that concerns me is that the fuel line if this makes sense, coming from the actual tank appears to be around 3/8" in size. However, the link that goes from the water/fuel separator to the actual outboard fuel pump is approx 1/4" or 5/16" (not 100% sure). Is that normal?<br /><br />I have a spare that I bought which is 3/8" in diameter with a new primer bulb, however, I was very concerned because the diameter of the fuel line 3/8" was far too large to actually get through the casing on the outboard (sorry if this is unclear) and the hole is not large enough :( <br /><br />Is that normal configuration?

The Marine Doctor

Commander

What I would do.<br /><br />Run 3/8 the entire distance from the tank to the engine. Eliminating the W/S.<br /><br />TMD

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

TMD,<br /> Roger that. Just wanting to clarify for my sake (keep in mind that I work on race car part-time) hehe.. elongate the whole running into the outboard? I'm assuming that is alright?