12.9 Chrysler What Year is it?

ShafferNY

Petty Officer 1st Class
Model Number 125HA <br />Serial Number 1231<br /><br />Is it me, or is working on these engines a PITA. <br />Tight places for fat fingers.

alcan

Commander
Re: 12.9 Chrysler What Year is it?

Hi Shaffer<br />You have a 1971 model.

ShafferNY

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is there any place on the internet that you can ID boat motors or some method without having to bother you guys?

alcan

Commander

Hi Shaffer<br />Yes there are some sites. I just don't know how to do the link thing yet. Don't worry about being a bother. If you ask me that is what we are all here for. The reality is there is only so much to an outboard motor, and sooner or later your going to have to answer the same old questions. As far as I am concerned, so long as folks are polite and sencear, they can ask all the questions they like.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral

Shaffer -- If yours is set up for remote control operation, I would be curious about a couple of things. How are the clips for the throttle and shift cables attached (the ones that hold the cables stable)? There might be a faceplate that holds the clips, but maybe there is another arrangement. Also, is there a special bracket of some kind for the steering hook-up? I'm working on a 10hp Sailor model, and trying to set it up for remote control.<br /><br /> Thanks.

ShafferNY

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's not set up for remote control, but once was, there are no cables and the handle is missing. My brother made a cheesy handle that works but not very good and looks like hell. It was electric start but for one reason or another my brother took the starter off, along with the charging system thingy on top of the flywheel. <br /><br />I'd like to fix it up, right now I'm using a '56 5.5hp Evinrude, it runs excellant but is way under powered for my boat. I think there is just to much stuff missing and would take to much work and money to make it a dependable motor, unless I find a donor engine for parts.<br /><br />If you need any pictures of it let me know. I don't know how to post them but I could email them.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral

Thanks. If you have some pics, I would be interested -- looking for the way cables were hooked up, so front and top shots of the engine (cover removed) might be helpful. It's nice of you to do that, and I won't hold you to it. Send them to: oldboat1@cablespeed.com<br /><br />appreciate it,<br /><br /> Curt

ShafferNY

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bear, thanks for the link. And oldboat1 I'll try to send you the pictures later on tonight, I'm going fishing and have to go to our camp anyway, so I'll take the pictures at the same time.

ShafferNY

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well, I took the pictures and they're on my digital camera, the serial cable got a slice in it so I have to borrow one from my sister. Maybe I can send them in a day or so, sorry.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral

no need to apologize -- feel badly that you are going out of your way on my account. It's not an urgent thing....

ShafferNY

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not a problem, I'd appreciate someone doing the same for me.