Anybody know anything about Triumph boats?

hiflyer

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Anybody know anything about Triumph boats?

Jan Z 1 The lawyer does his own thing takes a while, Meanwhile the public needs to be advised of the truth. So I and Others tell it. I do not feel RIGHT Selling my problems!! off, to some unknowing person, and the truth will kill any sale. The board manager states he wants no bad things (truth) being said about the company Triumph, or personnel references. Except of course someone with a complaint! bash that unbeliever. I Like my gold in standard 100 oz bars they are easier to carry. Their are many things I buy. I praise. My new car for one 35000m never a problem that needed fixing, Truck 1 in 41000 . Triumph on permanent display in back yard. I rather TRY landing a plane with nose gear up than take it to sea. Dealers 2
neither neighter could fix it right FACTORY Distortedbent Distorted/bent ect ect. Yes I travel the net to spread the truth and tell others to careful carefull Check it out. Be A smart buyer. I Goofed ,maybe they won't

Jan Z

Seaman Apprentice

Why don't you give me the name and number of the dealer you got this boat from and we'll see if we can get his side of the story.

Put up or shut up pal.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Never mind, they already replied to you an another board...

Rockman,
First let me tell you I thought better of you then this, as everyone knows there are two sides to every story. My mother always said if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all. But with that I find it hard to keep quite while you are slurring my good name. I'll start by saying TRIUMPH AND I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CONDITION OF THE VESSEL YOU BOUGHT FROM US. The boat sat in another dealers lot to which we as a company had no control.You had called us on a dual console which you backed out of buying.NOTE: This boat was prepped for you at a cost of 295. you then called us and backed out of buying the boat, you called the next day LATE and said you would buy it. I then said it was sold but we had a side console available but could not promise to have it ready as a hurricane was on it's way.YOU then said you didn't care but you would take the boat so the storm would not damage it. Now we have the problems you come here with and try to make everyone look bad. Triumph gives you new seats , bases, new breakers, new steering and we repair everything you asked us to but you fail to mention all this WHY? Triumph and us have ALWAYS been there to help you and this is the way you come and blast us. As for the fuel guage we can't tell if it was working properly when you left last week as our dealership did not make the repairs, you took this boat to another dealer who should of checked it before it left. This shouldn't be put on me as we would have helped from day one. Should I also mention that you bought this boat at a price way under dealers cost and you had no problems at the time traveling many miles to buy the boat. Hopefully this will clear the air and end this slurring of MODERNS GOOD NAME . Thank You Mike.

So now the truth is out why don't you S.T.F.U.

I'm done with you on this issue.

hiflyer

Seaman Apprentice

Because its not the TRUTH Its cover your butt Dealer side. 1 The boat is STILL not right The nav lights fixed according to dealer invoices were not fixed. If you look at the pictures posted on triumph owners . net They are corroded and do not work. The courtesy lite does not work and after 2 repairs the gas gauge still does not function right. Modern Discount after my second 520 mile double round trip for service signed a statement that they went thru the boat and everything worked. This was proven FALSE, 4 hrs later when the fuel gauge still did not work. and the light checked and found broaken.
Added to that is the drooping of the bow 1and 1/4 inch at the bow keel area. It was improperly supported on the trailer. Now a brace has been put under to stop the crack like others got in their boats. In doing so they mishandled the boat and it now has a 10" Gouge piece hanging off the keel area with a apox 3/16 deep cut in the foraward keel area. Not to mention both times at this dealer I got it back with a dead battery the sterio was on. Tuned to stations I never listen to I put the sterio in IT WORKS.
Purchase Pick up I was told EXCEPT for top side cleaning the boat WAS Preped Checked and set to Go. The boat was in their hands TEN days Min. advertised on the web as reddy. All, items replaced were defective Their were no gifts First time in the water It would not shift properly steer properly or run right. Shift cables had to be changed, Steering rack cable system had to be changed, Wheel had to be changed cut up I have it. Seat basis were on recall from Triumph made of wrong material, seats were ripped. Sold as NEW. Second time out after over 30 days in shop. It was towed in after 15 Min. TRIUMPH SERVICE DIRECTED me to go to a different closer shop
After they had it for few weeks It BROAK DOWN less than 500 yrs from the Boat Lunch. Back to Modern had it a few days said its fine signed statement checked all. all is well. Right!! as stated gas gauge, lights still not fixed and bow problem drooping started. Great Boat I am not done with this issue as far as your letters. Only shows your inability to deal with facts you do not like. have a good day.

hiflyer

Seaman Apprentice

You can see pictures of how triumph dealers deliver some of them at the folowing site plus wiring as delivered
go to http//groups.msn.com/boatersimfo/triumphboats.

gearyg

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I know this thread is realllllllyyyyy OLD, but I just have to reply to this one.....

Dealer - regardless of where the boat came from, it it your reputation and responsiblity to sell good product....that is why it is standardized in the public eye to purchase from a dealer, maybe pay a little more and not from a private party. If you had no controll over the boat that you are selling, then why did you sell it...I know the comissions are tempting. Next question, why would a new boat have to have so many parts fixed/exchanged...if so, then Triumph should have gave the customer a new boat. Bottom line, make sure what you are selling is functional...I know nothing is perfect....and if something goes wrong, put the ball in Triumphs court to step up to the plate, in the end, they are held to strict liability.

Buyer - not sure why you are having so many problems with your boat. Is it that you are not maintaining it and driving it correctly? Possibly you just got a lemon...like a car. I have a 210 and I have to admit, they are not the BEST quality when it comes to components, but they do get the job done and then some. So far, I seem to enjoy it. Yes, you have to do maintence....like everyting else...it will require fixing or it will fall apart. You should have asked to exchange the Whole boat for a new one in the beginning and if Triumph denied you of that, then the ball is in their court to make you whole....remember, the dealer is just a middle man...they can be very helpful, but one the other hand, depending on their employment, they could know NOTHING. So bottom line, don't rely on someone else to make the situation whole, go to the top if necessary....remember, HONEY ATTRACTS MORE BEES THAN VINAGAR

GIL1961

Recruit

i dont get the loose screw issue ....i have not had that problem. flexable ropelene hull runs way smoother than a rigid hull . less vibration = less screw tightening.
(basic boat maintenance)

sheffield2010

Recruit

HeadHunt said:
Another happy Triumph owner posted this:::<br /><br />"wont ever own another Triumph. Nothin personal like some would like to believe,, just business! Use this sites search function and you'll see what I had to say about them. And if you need more info, just email me, I'd be more than happy to answer any and all questions about the 210, 215, 191, 190, 186 <br /><br />From 2000 to 2006 they are the same hulls, made from the same molds, using the same material, with only "cosmetic" changes to shore up the sides and back end of the hull on the 210 to try to reduce the amount of flex of the material, but they are the same no matter what year not matter what someone tries to tell you. Call the factory or contact them they'll tell ya the same thing! (that's if you can get a reply from them.....) <br /><br />For 2006 they only put more lipstick on the pig, I.e. NO changes to the hulls, and just put on heavier stainless bow rail, pedastle seats with arm rests, added a couple more cup holders,,, but still NO transom drains, fishboxes still drain into the bilge thru itty bitty holes that one squid tentacle could block up,,, and oh,, cant forget the engineering feet for the new model 215 with the "fu-gu-gu-gu-guuuuh".... divin' board deal they slap'd on the front of a 210 hull (wha-la we'll call it the 215!) <br /><br />The reason they went with the heavier and thicker Ttop and bow rail deals is, because them boats flex so much they literally crack ttop welds, they couldnt figure a way to "shore" up the hull from flexin other than, hey, let's put on a heavier Ttop. Also, screws pull out of the material (only sheet metal screws cinched down into plastic.... yeah, that holds really good... NOT!) Triumph still has refused to make changes to "improve" on that have been known issues, such as, hulls with the structural foam holding water making these boats heavier and heavier over time, refuse to factory install inner hull drains. Poor livewell design (unless yer purposely tryin to kill live bait...), Structural flex issues, Nothing is "thru-bolted" just sheetmetal screwed in. I think only the cleats have molded inserts, bow rail, hand rails, floor hatch assy's and all that are just screwed into the material..... uh.. . I'm done,, you'll see using the search deal...... the list literally goes on and on... <br /><br />The good thing about them is they discontinued the blue/gray colors of the cushions, you can smack them all day with a bat and the boat wont crack (unless you know where to hit it.... and yes, the material does crack and split, not only on mine but on alot of others), and you can ram docks and sea walls with it... You dont have to wax it or wash it, yet every Triumph owner can tell you a billion ways to clean one, get the black mold out of the materials pores, which pressure washer brand to buy, and other good stuff... <br /><br />I had a 2001 210cc and had problems with it. <br />Dealers are still buying Q2 (quality 2) boats with defects and selling them, so BEWARE!!!! <br />I know of an incident just last week where the factory made a deal to a local dealer on a new damaged boat, just so they can get rid of it (I.e. the factory that is....). Keep up the good work Troublesom,, er I meant Triumph!! <br /><br />Buying Triumph? Beware, there's alot of other boats out there for better $$ and quality. Remember, same hull boat they used to sell for new a few years back for $17,999 with 150 motor and dual axle trailer as advertised.... now with all that lipstick they put on it,,, it's worth at least $26,000 now!! <br /><br />There's a Triumph boat owner site (just do a web search) you'll find them, browse thru their posts, search this site for "Triumph Boats" as well The Triumph mafia would be on my heels if I didnt mention that or give them a chance to "sell" the boat to ya.... <br /><br /><br />here's a sample of what Triumph owners talk about: (ref. taken directly from owner site) <br /><br />Nick Taylor <br />Member Join Date: Jul 2005 <br />Location: florida <br />Posts/Thanks: 25/0 <br />Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts <br /><br /><br />Inner Hull Drain ????? <br /><br />-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <br /><br />Hi All <br />I did the inner hull drain to my 210 yestarday. As Triumph instructed me to do. One inch in the transom. This hole is full of hard foam nd all I'm getting is a steady drip. It's been dripping for two days now. Is this the way it's going to happen?????? Theres no where for the water to gather due to the solid foam. Just DRIP DRIP DRIP........... <br />__________________ <br />GETTERDONE II <br /><br />Nick Taylor <br />View Public Profile <br />Send a private message to Nick Taylor <br />Send email to Nick Taylor <br />Find all posts by Nick Taylor <br />Add Nick Taylor to Your Buddy List <br /><br />#2 07-07-2005, 11:39 AM <br />LSUTIGER1947 <br />Member Join Date: Nov 2004 <br />Posts/Thanks: 17/0 <br />Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts <br /><br />Thats all mine does drip, drip, drip. GEAUX TIGERS! <br /><br />LSUTIGER1947 <br />View Public Profile <br />Send a private message to LSUTIGER1947 <br />Find all posts by LSUTIGER1947 <br />Add LSUTIGER1947 to Your Buddy List <br /><br />#3 07-07-2005, 03:56 PM <br />Putershark <br />Captain's Club Member <br />Moderator Join Date: Nov 2004 <br />Location: Florida <br />Posts/Thanks: 187/0 <br />Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post <br /><br />Our old 210 streamed out water for like 3 days (I had installed 2 drains) and then dripped constant for weeks from what I recall. Then again, it had a lot of water in the hull and I could walk on the deck inside the mega hold and hear it squish around under my feet. "<br /><br />If I get a chance i'll get some pics of a Triumph this weekend that will make you not even consider one. It is a "new" 17'er, maybe 18' that is at a scrap yard on the road that leads to our lakehouse. The boat has a huge gaping split in the foward port side hull, just below the water line. This occured while sitting on the trailer, no dammage was done to cause it. The boat was derigged by the dealer, and sold for scrap per triumph instruction.

mondo80

Recruit

To add to this info. I have owned the triumph 170CC for a few seasons now. To be honest it has been a great experience. I have had none of the problems that the other guys have mentioned. I have had no leaking, cracks, or screw problems. I have owed at least 3 past boats and have been aboard many others. for this size triumph that I now own it has been the dryest, quietest, and smoothest ride that I have ever been on. This was true even when I was far out of the bay in openen water when wind was blowing at 20. Yes I was scared but the boat did great. In all honesty the only negative experience that I ever have had was cleaning it. It does take more elbow work that my past fiberglass boats did not and is less shinny. However, it offers an almost maintainence free experience. I love its durability and safety, this unmatched by any fiberglass boat. I would strongly recommend triumph over the rest. Yes, it is a little more elbow work to clean and lacks some shine BUT, you can fish this boat in areas that you would never bring a fiberglass boat for fear that fiberglass would scratch or worse. I have driven mine ashore plenty of time for swimming, etc. this was none on sandy shores, gravel, and rocky. All this with no damages what so ever. I would like to see this done with a fiberglass boat.LOL. I would have never done this with mine in the past. I even hit a huge bolder in Maine this year hiding under the water. I hit it hard, going about 10 and the sound of the smash was scary as heck, but absolutely no damage. What if this was fiberglass? My boat has also planed very nicely even with 4 people aboard, never had issues.

everybody is entitled to thier oppinion. And, my offer of info I hope will be fair and balanced. I will engage in no arguements with any member who wants to despute my post, especially when name calling is involved. My experiences with my boat are true and I believe that these are the best boats as far as durability and practicality that have ever been made. This is my first triumph and will not be my last. The truth is, I never plan to buy a fiberglass boat again. They are just to much of a headache and too much to worry about, a.k.a-- the fiberglass gelcoat, boat flex, cracking, chips, sun damage, scratches, hard ride, etc.

I hope that this post helps in offering a fair and balanced view.

aldbra

Cadet

You guys must have gotten the rotten apple in the bunch. I have a 2002 17' center console that I bought new and have not had any problems whatso ever. That makes it almost 9 years old. Not even a screw has come loose. I would recommend Triumph to anyone

jwiebe

Cadet

They sell them up here in Hillsborough, NC at Merritt Marine. My buddy had one in the San Francisco Bay Area and it was awesome. You could hit that poly hull with a sledge hammer and not crack it. Very stable in the bay and ocean fishing for salmon. Sorry he sold it, but the salmon ran out in CA.