Sunrunner Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Sunrunner Owners

wish I could convert mine to diesel, I make my own bio.

jeffz0rz

Seaman

aside from your fuel costs goin way way down, i dont see the point.

wajajaja02

Senior Chief Petty Officer

bio cost me 80 cents a gallon to produce and runs further and better in my suburban than reg diesel

nickzlb77

Seaman

Hey guys, have an 87 236SB, need a replacement prop as the previous owner stuck something that looks like it was attacked by pirahna. It also seems to be undersized for the boat itself. VP AQ225 with a 280 Outdrive. Would anyone happen to know what the stock prop size is? or recommend an upgrade?

Im new to the boating world and from what I gather sizing props is typically a trial and error process, I figured factory stock would be a good place to start and finding any documentation on these boats is pretty tough.

Thanks in advance.

Louis Cadard

Cadet

fireman7777 Hi,
did you check the exhaust manifold, Ultra 302 with an AQ231A - 305 chevys, & the top of the exhaust manifold was plugged, causing overheating. I took them off & soaked them in muriatic acid that I bought at home depot, in a bucket for about 15 min. I don't know what it was but hard like coal, the passages are small & easily partially plugged .

Louis Cadard

Cadet

Hi Nickblb,
I have a 1989 31' Sunrunner ultra 301 with two AQ231A-305 chevys. I don't think my props are original. But I have two sets, one with 2 degrees more pitch, according to a note that came with the boat the extra pitch was for skiing. I think the 289 outdrive came in two ratios, 2.88:1 & another, do you know what you have?

Louis Cadard

Cadet

Hi Wajajajaja02,
I had thoughts like changing engines also, the big problem to the RPM & torque difference between gas & diesel. But it all comes down to time , money , & correct info. I usually come back to my scenes when I remember " It's a pleasure boat - not a work boat" on top of the other three I just don't want to do the WORK, I like the other four letter word PLAY !

Louis Cadard

Cadet

Hi Jeffzorz,

I found a scrap boat yard by New Orleans, La & that is where I identify my parts at. Do you have a boat scrap yard by you?

Louis Cadard

Cadet

hi Suzie00,

The amps rating are the protect the wire, not the device on the end. All wires have a AWG printed on them, followed by a number ie. 8, 10, 12, 14, 16. Any thermal circuit breakers / fuses are rated for the wire. Fine the number ie. AWG 8 is rated for 40 amps, AWG 10 is rated for 30 amps, AWG 12 is rated for 20 amps. You can put a smaller amp thermal circuit breakers or fuse but not bigger, with some exceptions, ask an electrician. But it has to do with the insulation, the plastic coating.

Louis Cadard

Cadet

Hi Sun_runner235,
I have a Sun Runner Ultra 302 with two AQ231A/305 Chevy engines.

Louis Cadard

Cadet

Hi Nickzlb77,

If the prop looks like it was attacked by piranha, more than likely the boat was left in the water & electrolysis , ate the prop up. I would also check my protection against future electrolysis. I would look for someone that rebuilds props. They can weld metal back, & re-balance you wheel. I have had luck asking to borrow a prop just to try, & if it worked I'd buy it.

Louis Cadard

Cadet

Hi Medic181075,

There is a place just outside of New Orleans called "the boat yard", they have a lot of used parts. Don't count on anything being easy, expressibly parts & wiring.

Louis Cadard

Cadet

Hi zx6rr33,
I also have a 1989 sun runner ultra 302 with two AQ231A's/305 Chevy's. How's you hull & every thing else holding up?

Louis Cadard

Cadet

Hey stoneantisan,

The hull # should be on the outside of the boat Starboard side, it's on the papers also.

Louis Cadard

Cadet

Hey Jello shot,
what is the list the shop is checking for? There is allot to check for.

Louis Cadard

Cadet

hey stoneartisan,

XUB70276078 send it to the Coast Guard or on the net to one of those guys that runs a title history

Louis Cadard

Cadet

hay maillady,

So you Have a chance to buy a Sunrunner 25' 1988 ultra 252 ! Have someone that knows what their are looking at, check it out. You can spend more money than you can think about fixing one.

Louis Cadard

Cadet

Hey snakeman13632,

boats are cheap, you can go broke fixing one, to the point the boat owns you instead of you owning the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.