Yo BOOM - There it is!

chief46.jpg

Zoom BOOM ? There it is!

chief60.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
Now you're just bragging :facepalm:

Some people :rolleyes:

11/16/2015 :confused: I knew ya were holding out!

Nice score, congrats! Looks like a good one.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Now you're just bragging :facepalm:

Some people :rolleyes:

11/16/2015 :confused: I knew ya were holding out!

Nice score, congrats! Looks like a good one.
Yeahh... it's been killin' me not to talk about it but it took 3 months to get the title straightened out and I kept mum till it was finished. Had to send in the military (a couple veterans) to get it done but it IS now legally titled and registered to us here in Florida! :D :rockon:

This thread is just for an introduction and to tell the story. I'll start a separate resto thread later. :tears_of_joy:

FrankenCub

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sweet....a Chieftain thread I'll actually be able to follow along with instead of being late to the party :D
Looks like a nice start

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
:laugh: Best intro award goes tooooo......BOOM :rockon:

Nice find. Cant wait to follow this one with you!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
get to work kiddo...

Don't mess with the duct tape; it's got style....

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
get to work kiddo...

Don't mess with the duct tape; it's got style....

I like the duct tape too! Put it on there myself to keep the corners from coming loose during travel. :D

haha to funny, I wondered if that was gonna be it. Glad I could contribute to your MBS3!
Yahh... as I said in the C-list thread... I really had a jones for this one. Did a weekend mission and acquired the vessel then hurried back home to complete the paperwork. The seller was a real PITA about it and made me jump through a bunch of unnecessary hoops. But it's done now! And I didn't want to do any work on the boat at all until the title stuff cleared.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nice to see it came w the splashwell and the optional INSIDE the cabin cabin door and belly gas tank.

18ftr? But no OB?

Well, now ya got until its nearly done to find a good deal on a 75-120hp OB. 140 was max on later 18ftrs, but someone check my recall, those were 3 knee brace late 70s thru 80s 18ftrs?

I think a 140hp is what SigSaur has hanging of the back of 18ft SilverLining.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Congratulations :encouragement:! I can't believe you kept it a secret this long. Looks like the makings of a great project.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
WooooooHooooooo.
Yessir! We be havin' some fun now!! :victorious:

Badda BOOM Badda Bing there it is,
Real nice Chief BWR.
Man! I can't believe I didn't think of Bada boom! Or Big Bada Boom! :rofl:

Nice to see it came w the splashwell and the optional INSIDE the cabin cabin door and belly gas tank.

18ftr? But no OB?

Well, now ya got until its nearly done to find a good deal on a 75-120hp OB. 140 was max on later 18ftrs, but someone check my recall, those were 3 knee brace late 70s thru 80s 18ftrs?

I think a 140hp is what SigSaur has hanging of the back of 18ft SilverLining.

Well, according to the original capacity plate that came with the boat, it's rated at 150HP. And boy, do I ever have plans! :D

Yes, it's an 18 footer. I made sure it had the splash well and transom corner pieces before I made the deal.

Congratulations :encouragement:! I can't believe you kept it a secret this long. Looks like the makings of a great project.
Thanks! I plan to do a full restomod on this one, from the bottom up. :biggrin-new:

Capacity Plate2.JPG

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
:welcome: to the Chief club!

Your ring and secret handshake directions will be in the mail shortly. :lol:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
In the 3 months that the boat has been sitting untouched (other than a little scrounging) I've had plenty of time to figure out several things for the boat.

Firstly - this boat will be used in the Gulf so I wanted backup propulsion. I'm not a fan of small kicker motors so the obvious solution is twins!

Power plant will be a pair of 1982 or 1983 Mercury 70HP outboards with power trim & tilt. Weight of the pair is 380 pounds. I'd looked at many other engines and those years and make/models are the lightest with PTT. And I'm a Mercury fan to boot. Originally I thought of just going with a Mercury 150HP tower of power since it only weighs 300 lbs. but I definitely want redundancy.

And twins are just too cool! :rockon:

Figured out the future paint scheme and did some photo editing. Gonna match the boat and trailer color to my truck, natch. ;)

Please disregard the duct tape, as I didn't want to take the time to edit it out... plus it adds character! :rofl:

Not sure if I want to go with the black pinstripe at the bottom edge of the color or not. What say y'all?

g8d1.jpg

g8c1.jpg

Twins!

twins7c1.jpg

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Oh yeah I like that paint scheme and ...

Austin_b3c8e3_1210285.jpg