1959 Lone Star Cruise Liner

billye1982

Recruit
I just got this boat home and have big plans for her. I have been looking all over the net and cant seem to find much information and I am waiting for the yahoo group to allow me to join (I see they take weeks for some people). It is stripped completly, no motor or anything. She has all the original hardware, railing, windows, and canopy. I need to put in some floors, seats, motor, steering, and everything else a boat needs! But I cant find many pics to work form, I have the old brochure and it says it can be a twin mounted engine up to 120 HP so I am either looking for two 60-75 motors or a 115-150 single, which would be better? Here are some pics, comments are more than welcome

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

boat3.jpg

bgc

Ensign
Re: 1959 Lone Star Cruise Liner

Nice!
I have inquired about a Lone Star El Dorado Cruiser that is for sale in my area that is for sale. Smaller version of your boat.
I searched Google for lone star restorations and found a bunch of photos and videos.

parsleap

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 1959 Lone Star Cruise Liner

I just bought, earlier this summer, a very similar boat, but in a more finished state than yours. Mine was advertised as a 62 but from what I've seen and read on others, I think it's more like a 58. See the guys posts on 'rivermiles.com' for good information on a rebuild. They put twin 50's on theirs. Mine has a Mercruiser 120 i/o that I haven't had running yet. If you search around, you'll find another gent who claims 35 mph out of a single 90 hp outboard. If I can't get the i/o running relatively easily, I plan to yank it and put an outboard on it. I'm thinking an old mercury inline 6 'tower of power' would look good on it, but I REALLY love the idea of putting a jet on it, since I want to run a river. But, that's all down the road. Good luck with your boat - seems like it was stripped pretty well! I'll put a pic of mine up, but I think if you search my other posts you'll see her.