So, what did you do today?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
^^^^^^ SK - Goin' Old School! :thumb: Do you have a dark room or a place that still develops and prints 35MM?

southkogs

Staff member
There are still places that will process film.

If I was shooting black and white, I could be rigged to process film pretty fast, easy and cheap. Color is a little more difficult. And honestly, I think I might like to mess with positives - particularly if I can get my hands on some Kodachrome that's not dead. And that is even a little trickier. Been a long time since I've been in a darkroom anyway (got rid of the enlarger a long time ago).

I'm gonna' have the first roll scanned (place I'll use processes and scans it). I want to see what the scan quality is.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
My dad has some film left in the darkroom fridge. I wonder if it's still good. I think it's all medium format fuji.

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Since I'm stuck at home and the state closed all waters I decided to make some lead lures. Poured some fish in my home made molds. I think I'll modify one of the molds to make the eyes not be just plain holes through fish head. I have some jigs that I poured from another mold I made that I plan to paint.

I did some in powder coat paint but it is hard to blend colors that way. Now I plan to do some airbrush painting in a small vented booth I made.

This sitting at home and not getting out to fish is for the governor, not me.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Waiting for the hard water to leave so I can go out fishing .Camp has 37 miles of reservoir,approx 20 people so physical distancing wont be very hard.Tons of walleye ,pike,and bass plus unlimited fresh clean spring water.One of my friends spent 170 days there last year.Make that 90 mile trip to town every once in a blue moon then skedaddle back to the wilderness. Due to back issues last year never made it up to my bro,s camp atall and neither did he but this year watch out.

southkogs

Staff member
My dad has some film left in the darkroom fridge. I wonder if it's still good. I think it's all medium format fuji.
My experience is that Fuji is fantastic for outdoors stuff. You get beautiful cool colors out of it. I haven't put a roll of film through my Yaschicamat in ages.

southkogs

Staff member
A favorite of mine was actually Konica; shot a TON of that, Tri-X and Ilford. (Dad really liked Ilford for black and white.) I like different films for different things. Didn't always have the right one with me though. :rolleyes:

Made it out on the lake yesterday!
Click image for larger version  Name:	BoatBow.jpg Views:	1 Size:	375.5 KB ID:	10844989
Nothin' fancy - mostly a shakedown run and a chance for the dog to swim. Boat hadn't been out since May last year when Dad got sick. So we did all our maintenance, made sure she held water, and took a couple rips around the lake.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MudPuddle.jpg Views:	1 Size:	423.9 KB ID:	10844990
Percy Priest is still pretty much a big mud puddle :lol:. Run off water is still cruising through, lake level is still down at winter pool, I think. Debris is all over the lake.

Finished out the weekend by taking my FIL's '49 Dodge Wayfarer for a ride. Short drive around town while I tried to remember how to drive a column shift 3 speed :facepalm:

GA_Boater

SK - Don't you know the forum rules? And a Mod no less. :facepalm: Where are pics of the Admiral's fathers car????

Coupe, sedan or roadster?

southkogs

Staff member
... Where are pics of the Admiral's fathers car????
:facepalm: Shot 'em all on the Leica. :lol:

Coupe, sedan or roadster?
A sedan. Almost this car exactly:
32b03623ed597c97b604ccb06f6dd04f.jpg

Color on his is a little darker blue. It was repainted at some point. Inline flat 6. Wasn't much to speak about in terms of speed ... but, I'll bet it could compete in a pullin' match.

GA_Boater

That little flathead six only has 103 HP, but 190 lbs. of torque. Stump loses if the Dodge has traction. And the stump is in poor shape. :lol:

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, been a busy week. Got the well pretty much fixed-we have water for the most part. Got the tree off the small shop and plans made for the repair. Finally figured what was wrong with the work truck, seized piston in rt front caliper. Got the 5 basswood blow downs from twister last August about 1/2 cleaned up.

GA_Boater

It would prove you know a hole in the ground from an.............................You get the idea. :D

The blown over trees almost got the satellite dishes.

StarTed

Jakedaawg,

What were you using for brake fluid? Looks like lots of water with maybe a little salt thrown in for good measure.

Your trees are still skeletons. When do you expect them to get new leaves?

I'm wiring my boat trailer lighting. Installing all LED lights. Should be done today.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Jakedaawg,

What were you using for brake fluid? Looks like lots of water with maybe a little salt thrown in for good measure.

Your trees are still skeletons. When do you expect them to get new leaves?

I'm wiring my boat trailer lighting. Installing all LED lights. Should be done today.

Well, it's a plow truck in a snow belt area and a salt factory two towns down...:noidea:
I was trying to show the one piston retracted and the other not...

yep, saw the 1st Robin yesterday, but around here one Robin dont mean spring, the leaves will come if the tent catapillers dont.

good luck with trailer lights. That should be the test for an EE.

StarTed

Got the trailer lights all working.

Tore the trailer hitch off because the surge brake master cylinder didn't work. The rust inside was even worse than Jakedaawg's. This time I ordered a replacement for $120. Next I'll need to look at the wheels and their bearings and brakes.

Now to get back to sealing the jigs I made in clear epoxy. That's a job for early tomorrow.before it warms up much.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, did a bunch of welding repair on a tractor and rock rake and the tractor bucket. Sorry, no photos. My cell camera quit working. Came out good, customer pleased. I suppose I broke the law here in Mi. But I dont care. We are all being intelligent about things.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Well, anyone got a cure for bursitis maybe sciatica? I dont know the difference, the internal part of my hip is killing me. Spent all last night with actual tears in my eyes. My Norco barely takes the edge off and only for a couple hours...I got to get boats ready and being on a cane isnt gonna work.