Random

JoLin

Vice Admiral
first time in our lives we have purchased new furniture form a store. I feel so adult...
/QUOTE]

List prices on furniture are a complete sham and you never walk out with anything without thinking you could have got a better deal.

That's been my beef for as long as the wife and I have been buying the stuff. They slap on a tag marked with a random, ridiculous price, put a line through it and mark it with a new random price that's 40% below the first random price. It's such a scam.

On an unrelated topic, I was browsing my wife's Facebook account yesterday (I don't have one of my own) and someone was asking for advice from anyone who had attended an online college, i.e., was it any good? One of "friends" answered:

"I got my 2-year degree online. I did good in English."

(I wonder if anyone else caught the irony)

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
That's been my beef for as long as the wife and I have been buying the stuff. They slap on a tag marked with a random, ridiculous price, put a line through it and mark it with a new random price that's 40% below the first random price. It's such a scam.

On an unrelated topic, I was browsing my wife's Facebook account yesterday (I don't have one of my own) and someone was asking for advice from anyone who had attended an online college, i.e., was it any good? One of "friends" answered:

"I got my 2-year degree online. I did good in English."

(I wonder if anyone else caught the irony)

I guess it is better than "I done good in english"

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I don't know about the rest of you but when I first started working in industry memos from management used to be proper grammar with a rare typo that was missed in proofing.

Then we all got computers and management began sending out their own memos. What a change.

However, some could be quite entertaining.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I used to sell and manage a furniture store, prob why I've never bought new. That said, my personal economy now allows me to make my wife happy. That's worth the overpriced amount I paid.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"525","width":"700","src":"https:\/\/static.boredpanda.com\/blog\/wp-content\/uploads\/2016\/01\/cute-squirrel-photography-361__700.jpg"**[/IMG2]

Squirrel???

Attachments

• photo286656.jpg
    photo286656.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Well....I've worked for Directv for almost 15 years and I've never stumbled across channel 234 at this time of day...

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Don't know why I laughed so hard at this short little video, guess I just needed a laugh is all.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
IM with an old employee (still works for my wife).. She got married a few months ago to a true cajun. This is how she rolls at the crafish booil:

Kiri(7:40:56 AM): i wipe of the yellow stuff with a napkin and i pull the poop out and wipe it off too and i use surgical gloves to take apart the tails
Joe (7:41:46 AM): oh good lord i bet they all look at you funny...
Kiri(7:41:52 AM): yup
Joe (7:42:44 AM): 'look at that poor little thing the boy brought home.,..... she just aint right in the head bless her. Kiri(7:45:07 AM): bahahah his brothers fiance is worse than me