What did you see this weekend?

beanz2166

Petty Officer 3rd Class
so only two days into my four day weekend I Ive seen some interesting things already. First I had a fish jump into the side of my boat, would have been cooler if it jumped INTO the boat but either way. I seen a bunch of Bald Eagle nest, and my darwin award goes to a group of hotshot 20 something year olds who were out in a brand new Moomba ski boat and when he came into the dock to pick up what appeared to be the owner of the boat, he nailed the dock head on at a decent speed. I was sad for the boat but thought it was nice Karma since these people cut in line at the dock and were complaining/cussing for the little bit of time they did wait.

what have you seen this weekend?

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: What did you see this weekend?

Didnt go out yet a cold snap dropped the temps below 60.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander

I saw myself digging footings for the shed I am going to build. Would rather had been on the water, but that's life.

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We skipped the lake this year and traveled from Kansas down to Galveston. 10 hour drive but worth it! Sitting on the beach enjoying the wind and sounds of the waves. Not too much to report here.

On another note... I am amazed by how very different the boating is here than inland at Kansas. Everyone has a center console and an outboard. We went on a dolphin watching tour in the bay area. Lots of boats and barges. Shrimp boats really get the dolphins active. Kids had a blast. I have not seen any bow rider style boats. Just different.

Husker-Q

Seaman Apprentice

I saw the California Angels beat down my KC Royals! No way going to the lake this weekend!

southkogs

Staff member

Hong Kong, Paris and San Francisco from about 6,000 ft. :D

Left the lake to the crazies for the weekend and had a chance to try out a Boeing simulator ... way cool!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

We skipped the lake this year and traveled from Kansas down to Galveston. 10 hour drive but worth it! Sitting on the beach enjoying the wind and sounds of the waves. Not too much to report here.

On another note... I am amazed by how very different the boating is here than inland at Kansas. Everyone has a center console and an outboard. We went on a dolphin watching tour in the bay area. Lots of boats and barges. Shrimp boats really get the dolphins active. Kids had a blast. I have not seen any bow rider style boats. Just different.

Hope you tried some pier fishing? Or take a party boat trip. A chance to catch a few fish you don't see in Kansas. If you want to see boating more like home, drop in at one of the lakes. Plenty of bass boats, jet skies, and B/Rs there.

I miss the place. Sounds like you're having fun.

dwco5051

Commander

40 degrees and windy yesterday morning and also first time in 30 some years I didn’t have to work at the lake.

Went down the ridge to NVBA (Amish benefit association) auction for most of the day. Five auctioneers going at the same time selling everything you can think of. Nursery plants, livestock, building materials, tools, furniture, quilts, and everything else you can think of. Bought a box of junk that had some old license plates, a bicycle pump, and a plastic funnel on top. I had already sorted through the box before it was sold and knew there were about 15 new unused drill bits from 7/16” and up, a handful of taps, a few center and pin punches, and a handful of nail sets in the bottom of the box. Scored on it for four dollars. Got it home and sorted it all out and found more goodies. For once even my wife was impressed by one of my grab boxes I am known to buy.

Spent the most money consuming about 18,000 calories of homemade food at the food stands.

Spent the evening driving over 50 miles to find my youngest (5 years old) grand daughter a pair of silver sparkly shoes to replace the ones I bought her in March. These are the only shoes she would wear and she wore the original pair out already. Since she told her mother not to worry because Pappy would buy her a new pair duty called.

For you younger guys who have daughters and spoil the bejabbers out of them wait till you have granddaughters.

Started this morning first thing rotating the fronts to rears tires on the skid steer. Will work on the property today and tomorrow and wait until Tuesday to go to the lake and fish. Retirement has some benefits.

foodfisher

Captain

This is a respectable forum so I can't tell you let alone show you.