The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander
Re: The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

LOL Thrillhouse, either put the bottle down or step away from the computer{jking :D}

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

he does only have one leg!!!

hawk3.jpg
lmao!! :d

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

that was awsome thrillhouse LOL

Nice Pics BWR! youre lucky to have such awsome birds visit your house...ITS GOOD LUCK lol

we got pigeons...does that count?????? :D

HIJACK heres our newest "project" shes a Joyner 250 Sand Viper from 2005...got burnt up a bit so we got it on the cheap...Kingman az score....drove 120 miles each way to get it...

ALL THE PICS HERE

JoynerSandViper%20(12).jpg

heres what it should look like....freaking JOHN DEERE green YUCk thats a goner...glad it burnt half the paint off lol
Joyner-what-it-should-look-like.jpg

JoynerSandViper%20(17).jpg

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Vegas!!! I want a 2 seater sand rail with hayabusa motor in it!!!!!!!!!!!
Saw one in glamis a year back or so and holy nuts that thing flew.

Prob not as fast as my buddies blown 454 putting down 780rwhp tho. But then again I can't see spending 150k on a rail.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Vegas!!! I want a 2 seater sand rail with hayabusa motor in it!!!!!!!!!!!
Saw one in glamis a year back or so and holy nuts that thing flew.

Prob not as fast as my buddies blown 454 putting down 780rwhp tho. But then again I can't see spending 150k on a rail.

Hey Thrill,
Hope all is well, Hows the night shift treating you?
Hey man, sorry to burst bubbles but if your buddy is only putting down 780 hp he needs to find a new engine builder :eek: I can do that with a 4500 series holley, naturally aspirated. Just messin with ya, ....but no really LOL I've pulled 480 ut of a 355 with a 2 bbl :D:eek:
Hehehe, Glad to see the hijack jone is alive and well :)

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Someone turn on the AC!!!
exactly.gif

(sorry, newbie jumpin in the fray :D )

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Had to just add the next thread, could'nt leave it at 666, someone would have freaked . :D
someone beat me to it

Last edited:

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Had to just add the next thread, could'nt leave it at 666, someone would have freaked . :D
someone beat me to it

Wow , I didn't even realize it :eek::eek: Screech, Screech, Screech ( Alfred Hitchcock theme playing in background )

Just my luck, figures it had to be me to be that post :rolleyes:

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Someone turn on the AC!!!
exactly.gif

(sorry, newbie jumpin in the fray :D )

Welcome SnowHunter :)

Now with that said :)

Waaaaaa
crying-2.gif

You sound like my wife, heres what I tell her
Me: Pay the bill
Her: I cant pay the bill
Her I can't pay the bill
Me: I 'll pay the bill
Her: My Hero
Me: YOU STILL CAN"T HAVE AC YET !!!!!, ITS APRIL :D
Her: Drats, foiled again

Me:
rolingonthefloorlaughing.gif

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Welcome SnowHunter :)

Now with that said :)

Waaaaaa
crying-2.gif

You sound like my wife, heres what I tell her
Her: I cant pay the bill
Her I can't pay the bill
Me: I 'll pay the bill
Her: My Hero
Me: YOU STILL CAN"T HAVE AC YET !!!!!, ITS APRIL
Her: Drats, foiled again

Me:
rolingonthefloorlaughing.gif

bad bad
icon_smile_sculacciata.gif

I meant outside :D I Got the AC cranked at 72 here in da house! :p

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

bad bad
icon_smile_sculacciata.gif

I meant outside :D I Got the AC cranked at 72 here in da house! :p

OUCH LOL

Sorry couldn't resist :p
I'm trying to cheer myself up after sanding fiberglass all day, I'm itchy as heck :eek:

72, where abouts are ya, its 72 indoors here without ac, although last night for some strange reason it was 75 :confused:

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

OUCH LOL

Sorry couldn't resist :p
I'm trying to cheer myself up after sanding fiberglass all day, I'm itchy as heck :eek:

72, where abouts are ya, its 72 indoors here without ac, although last night for some strange reason it was 75 :confused:

Ouch! Itch!!! Gonna probably do some of that myself down the road...

NE Georgia. Its gettin hawt down here already, if the AC was off, it'd been bout 85 in the house :eek:

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Ouch! Itch!!! Gonna probably do some of that myself down the road...

NE Georgia. Its gettin hawt down here already, if the AC was off, it'd been bout 85 in the house :eek:

Yea I can't wait till all the sanding and grinding is over I've been doing it x2 boats. just a glutton for punishment

Send some of your weather up here, its going to be 79 tomorrow then it goes back down to the 50's-60's for the next week and I need to paint :(.

thrillhouse700

Hey Thrill,
Hope all is well, Hows the night shift treating you?
Hey man, sorry to burst bubbles but if your buddy is only putting down 780 hp he needs to find a new engine builder :eek: I can do that with a 4500 series holley, naturally aspirated. Just messin with ya, ....but no really LOL I've pulled 480 ut of a 355 with a 2 bbl :D:eek:
Hehehe, Glad to see the hijack jone is alive and well :)

Yeah true but when your putting 780 out of a 13k dolla mendeola trans that is factory recommended to be rebuilt every 2 seasons its best to keep the engine slightly detuned. Not to mention if you break an engine on the road u call AAA. If you blow up a motor in the dunes sometimes its tough getting help. But since you've built motors you know that squeezing every last hp out of it can be expensive..........

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Yeah true but when your putting 780 out of a 13k dolla mendeola trans that is factory recommended to be rebuilt every 2 seasons its best to keep the engine slightly detuned. Not to mention if you break an engine on the road u call AAA. If you blow up a motor in the dunes sometimes its tough getting help. But since you've built motors you know that squeezing every last hp out of it can be expensive..........

Yea, this is true my average 355 sportsman engine was around 10k big block modified would run 15-18 building from scratch. Right now I am building a sbc 377 with just a budget of 2k for parts :eek:. It should prove to be interesting how this one comes out. I re-used the crank, pistons and rods :eek: they were within spec. I have spent about 14hrs working on the heads, unshrouding valves, blending the seats & working on the pockets etc... swirling the intake and polishing the exhaust. I'm hoping they will be good for 35-40 additional horse, but that remains to be seen lol

thrillhouse700

Yea, this is true my average 355 sportsman engine was around 10k big block modified would run 15-18 building from scratch. Right now I am building a sbc 377 with just a budget of 2k for parts :eek:. It should prove to be interesting how this one comes out. I re-used the crank, pistons and rods :eek: they were within spec. I have spent about 14hrs working on the heads, unshrouding valves, blending the seats & working on the pockets etc... swirling the intake and polishing the exhaust. I'm hoping they will be good for 35-40 additional horse, but that remains to be seen lol

After wrenching for the last 5 years I have ZERO passion to build cars anymore. I love guns and the boat and that's pretty much it.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

After wrenching for the last 5 years I have ZERO passion to build cars anymore. I love guns and the boat and that's pretty much it.

LOL, I know the feeling, Im kinda toast myself when it comes to turning wrenches. I am so-so enjoying this engine build cause its the 1st one in 11 years but its still a pain in the neck. Kinda like been there done that had my 30 seconds of fame , Im done!!!!

Speaking of DONE,
I actually just came on here to post an update for my 73 cruiser, after 2 days with a da sander, fairing compound etc... I was a little upset with some areas so I asked Wifey, her statement was this:
BILL, no one is gonna notice, my mom gave us a yellow boat and your painting it white. As long as everyone can fish who cares how it looks my MOM DON'T!!!! :eek:

So after killing myself over the boat this is what I get, well you know what ITS NOT FUN ANYMORE!!! You know what, I pretty much faired everything in, the transom and deck is solid, lines are fairly straight S@#$W it. tomorrow morning I am feathering in where I faired it and hitting it with primer :p . so I can paint her.

I'm ready to give her an earl Shibes / Macco paint job, just to get it off my plate. Grrrrr

Sorry folks I needed to vent

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Yeah, I went through the car buildup phase for a number of years, but lost interest back in the early '90s when I was restifying a '66 Mustang. Got it cheap, did a lot of work, then hit a snow-covered pothole, ripping the A-frame and twisting the body. Just wasn't worth the expense of repair, so I sold the car. That was my last project car.

I look back across the years and can't believe how much money I pi$$ed away messing with cars, motorcycles, RVs and boats. Ugh. Lesson learned. Nowadays I do what's necessary to make it functional, then maybe just a little more if I can get away cheap. No more dumping limited funds down a rathole "just because" ya know? I no longer put more money into a depreciating asset than it's worth. Just a waste.

I got "into" the gun collecting hobby back around 1999 and had a pretty good sized collection for awhile. Then sold a bunch of those when I was buying this house in 2006... sold even more during my "dark times" in 2008, including the crown jewel of my collection. I'm down to just three now, but am looking for at least one more... maybe two. All my guns now need to have an actual purpose other than sitting in a safe and being cleaned every 6 months. :D

...So after killing myself over the boat this is what I get, well you know what ITS NOT FUN ANYMORE!!! You know what, I pretty much faired everything in, the transom and deck is solid, lines are fairly straight S@#$W it. tomorrow morning I am feathering in where I faired it and hitting it with primer :p . so I can paint her...
Sounds like a plan to me! Be sure to post pix!

thrillhouse700

I have 3 right now also, looking to add 2-4 more. M1A, Marlin 1895 SBL, maybe an AR15 not sure if I wanna deal with stupid cali laws on that one, and a 1911.

Status
Not open for further replies.