The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant
Hi All, I figured I would start a new thread since I?m so good at getting off topic and talking about everything but boats lol
Feel free to hijack about anything, Zombies, gun collections, moose, pigeons, seagulls, tables etc...

This Picks are for you Rick, here's that chopper lift we were talking about
Chopper1.jpg
Chopper2.jpg
Chopper3.jpg
Chopper4.jpg

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: The Hijack Zone - Zombies Welcome

Question about my boat................. REVERSE HIJACK!!!!!!!!!!!

bigredinohio

Chief Petty Officer

Beer
Boats
Boobies

Life can't get much better!

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Electric power tools versus pneumatic? Can't afford the air stuff, but Harbor Freight has coupons for an electric grinder and 1/2" impact drill. Both could come in handy for me around here. Only $35 for both, including tax.

Buy electric or save my pennies (for a long time) in order to go pneumatic?

And how about those coupons anyway? Cool stuff! :D

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Question about my boat................. REVERSE HIJACK!!!!!!!!!!!

HeHeHe:D, its looking GREAT by the way, I looked at your thread this morning

Hummm Beer Boats & B@#$% Well the 1st one usually gets me in trouble with the last one, My wife just has no sense of humor some times :eek:

Lots of of us have that addiction, here's a few of my favorite toys
100_8306.jpg

I stole this one from gonefishie just for you thrill

attachment.php

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Electric power tools versus pneumatic? Can't afford the air stuff, but Harbor Freight has coupons for an electric grinder and 1/2" impact drill. Both could come in handy for me around here. Only $35 for both, including tax.

Buy electric or save my pennies (for a long time) in order to go pneumatic?

And how about those coupons anyway? Cool stuff! :D

I use pneumatic most of the time. Sears actually runs sales were you can get a pancake compressor packaged with a da sander and I think an impact gun or ratchet for like 200 bucks

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

Got this cheap compressor made by Briggs and Stratton. The cool thing about it is the compressor is a retrofitted gas motor made into a compressor. Works pretty dang good for the price.

Attachments

• 15gallon_exlg.jpg
    15gallon_exlg.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 0

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

If I carry, I'll be carrying this - in 45-70.

bfr45-70pic.jpg

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

bfr45-70pic.jpg

I didn't know that could come in 45-70 TALK ABOUT A WRIST BREAKER!!!:eek:
My Marlin in the pic is 45-70 and I can't shoot more than 40 rounds out of it without my sholder hurtin for a month

And people call me crazy for wanting to get a S&W 500

Looks like I'm in good company, guess birds of a feather DO flock together lol :D

Rickairmedic

Commander

Bill the chopper pics look like a blast I have only used a chopper on one job so far and it was alot more fun than the usual boring crane jobs :D. You forgot to mention to everybody that you guys set 21 units in just over an hour with that bird ( they were flying ).

Rick

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Those units are tremendous, where did you set them?

Chopper1.jpg
Chopper2.jpg
Chopper3.jpg
Chopper4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I didn't know that could come in 45-70 TALK ABOUT A WRIST BREAKER!!!:eek:

It's heavier than my .44mag and actually much easier to shoot. I also have 3 45-70 rifles and they're all rougher on me than the handgun, even with same ammo.

Looks like somebody is tryin' to compensate for something! :rolleyes: LOL! :D

Yep, the inability to afford something like this in my younger years. I admit, I do have a penchant for BIG. I have 4 of these speakers in my basement.

AltecA7.jpg

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Those units are tremendous, where did you set them? [/QUOTE

That was Amtrak Ivy City ( Washington DC) back in "98". Back when they were building the high speed rail acela I installed 7 units 3 sections each that were high volume low pressure units. it was actually 21 picks we did in 1hr 14 min. my guys were running across the roof trying to keep up.
That was actually the most fun I ever had on a job.

BTW that is one train I will NEVER get on, there is a report from amtrak about 12" thick that states the problems, one of them being that the rail centerlines are to close for trains of that speed. If 2 trains pass each other it will suck the windows out to start :eek:. Personally, for $69 I will grab southwest air to BWI Int over that anyday lol

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

BTW, that last pick of that section being set down, Thats just the FILTER section :D

Hey Rick, sorry to jump off like that before, it started hitting the fan here:(

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I am 45-70 addicted too! I have it in a Contender, an H&R single and a Marlin lever. The contender is brutal on my hand more so than the wrist. A local guy here competes at 1000 yards with his 45-70 and wins! but..... I hunt with my .308 for distance and my 45-70 in the brush.

For the rifle fans I also have a RR NM4 with a 6x18 Leupold ;) reach out and touch with confidence at 600 yards.

For casual carry I use a Glock 23 or carry my Gold Cup ..... I have not competed in years but I am still fairly accurate.

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

I am 45-70 addicted too! I have it in a Contender, an H&R single and a Marlin lever. The contender is brutal on my hand more so than the wrist. A local guy here competes at 1000 yards with his 45-70 and wins! but..... I hunt with my .308 for distance and my 45-70 in the brush.

For the rifle fans I also have a RR NM4 with a 6x18 Leupold ;) reach out and touch with confidence at 600 yards.

For casual carry I use a Glock 23 or carry my Gold Cup ..... I have not competed in years but I am still fairly accurate.

Hey Bob Show us some Pics

I'm impressed, I never realized so many liked the 45-70 cal. I thought I was just a nut LOL.
My marlin in the pic is a 45-70, although I also have the marlin 444 but the 45-70 has always been my fav, I have williams fiber optic peeps on both. For a side arm I have only 1 my PPK wifey won't alow me to buy more :(.
For hunting I used to use my little GM made M-1 carbine with the original peeps, last year I started using the rem 30-06 carbine in the pic with the 3x9.

Status
Not open for further replies.