Nascar 2020 - Daytona Speed Weeks

64osby

Admiral
I was helping my son replace his rear brakes. Came back in and thought the race was still active. Was watching whatever race Fox was showing, thinking it was live and FL site was messed up. Now I'm back in fifth place waiting until tomorrow.:watermelon:

Won't be able to watch on Monday, will be Mentoring our FRC Robotics team. We have until March 5th to finish our build where we will start the competition season. Fun stuff. :cool:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Ah man, I just realized 2 minutes ago I could have watched the rest of the 500. Rather than flip between 10 different news stations this AM. I feel terrible for the die hard fans that paid for tickets, travel and hotels on Sunday and could not attend this AM, that has to suck. I won't ask who won because I'm too lazy to Google it. If they ran at all.

OK I tried to Google the winner, 4 articles talked about POTUS's lap around the track and how long it delayed the green flag, the rain delays and how long each was, POTUS meeting drivers and giving autographs. I have never heard of heads of State signing autographs. But no where does any articles tell me who freeking won. Just like the Super Bowl the pomp and ceremony seems to out shine the event itself. Same thing up here in the CFL and NHL.

I had a few guys over to watch the race. When Prez said "Gentlemen start your engines" I said I guess there isn't a woman racing today. There was and he signed her helmet. None of my guests stayed long enough for 1/4 of the race. From what this un sophisticated race fan saw it was more like a Formula 1 parade than anything. I'll keep looking to see who won. I'm happy as long as the twerp didn't win. Now you have me calling someone I don't know The Twerp.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You haven't missed anything, Iron. The race resumes at 4PM ET on lap 21.

GA_Boater

Race on FOX. For our Canadian buddies - "In Canada ... TSN5 has the Daytona 500 today at 4pm ET."

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Race on FOX. For our Canadian buddies - "In Canada ... TSN5 has the Daytona 500 today at 4pm ET."

What would I do without you Georgia? The Toronto/Buffalo hockey game is on TSN-5 as I type. Programming doesn't show the 500 on at 4 but I'm sure it will be. I can't thank you enough. I won't even watch my gal pal Judge Judy from the Boston affiliate at 4PM. I can get it at 6 from Chicago and 7PM from Seattle. Gotta love time shifting. Worth every penny USD. We don't have pennies here, the nickels and dimes are slated to be nixed next in 2022. Talking about a 5 dollar coin soon. Lasts something like 1000 times longer than paper money. I doubt the Feds will do that, the DNA they have is to spend not save.

GA_Boater

What do you put in your penny loafers? You guys sure are deprived! LOL

Even the local FOX station has Judge Judy on the schedule. I may be getting upset.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Only 3 mins to go in the TO/Buffalo game. Buffalo has scored 3 unanswered goals within 5 minutes in the 3rd period. That arena in Buffalo has more Leaf fans than Sabres fans. Canadian residents have as many season tickets as those in Buffalo. Most all are Leaf fans. Today it sounds like a Leaf home game. They won't interrupt the game to show the 500 start. It would cause insurection in Ontario. Fans would take to the streets along side our indigenous citizens that are currently protesting western Canada pipelines. Rail traffic in Ontario is at a standstill.

Game over 5-3 Bills, errrr Sabres, whoorah. Plenty of racing left today. Ladies and Gentlemen start your engines. I wonder if someone sings the national anthem again?

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I'm getting the race on Fox from Boston and Seattle. Will flip back and forth from Judge Judy. Her 1st episode is probably over by the 4PM start time that is actually 4:30 or longer by the time they take their warm up laps.

What was up with the WWE wrestler driving the pace car? Number 1 he isn't even portraying an American, fake Irish accent and number 2, there is no number 2. Fox is carrying WWE wrestling now.

Jeff says 450 miles to go. I hope the tires are warmed up by now. Lets race, please.

Race is on TSN-4 for any Canuck fans that don't have regular TV.

GA_Boater

No pre-game show, just start under caution. Judge Judy is DQ'ed at sunny Daytona.

GA_Boater

1st penalties. LaJoie to the back for too much work on the car wen it wouldn't start. Keso/JJ pit crew violations.

Green flag!