Heated clothing

DeepCMark58A

Commander
I have a product that is called an IWOM, it is like a sleeping bag on steroids with a hood and sleeves and feet are enclosed. I have never been cold in that thing, I do my best to be done hunting before it gets that cold.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have a product that is called an IWOM, it is like a sleeping bag on steroids with a hood and sleeves and feet are enclosed. I have never been cold in that thing, I do my best to be done hunting before it gets that cold.

I too would like to have been out of the woods in those seriously cold days. But that means the deer had to cooperate and do their part as well. And since they did some times and not others, I did have some very cold hunts. lol :lol:

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Back when I was still religiously hunting, I would take a nice sleeping bag rolled up with me into the deer stand. Then I would step into the sleeping bag and pull it up to just above my waist and even take off my boots. I would stay very comfortable that way and could stay in the stand longer. But when you are sitting for long periods of time, your feet will get cold from lack of movement. That was taken care of with the sleeping bag setup.

But my stands were 4' by 4' with walls all the way around. I very sturdy solid deer stand. I even used one of the new camo patterns and had exterior paints mixed to match that camo. I painted the stands to match the surroundings. And since they set in the woods year round, they blended in perfectly.

I have tried about every type hand warmer made and some work really well. Like the catalytic fuel type works the best. But they also put off a smell. So you have to weigh every option.

And unlike fishing, I was pretty successful hunting year in and year out.

I like your awesome sleeping bag idea. It makes so much sense. I don't know why that is not a common known idea. Wish I would have thought of that back in my deer hunting days.

aspeck

Staff member
We move when we hunt ... walk and stalk, drive, mostly around the lake that isn't frozen yet ... People say we are nuts, and I gotta agree with them. We are not as crazy as we were 10-15 years ago. So we have to dress for the walk and stalk, and then the boat ride to the next location. It helps to have a high tolerance for the cold and actually enjoy it ...

Big Gee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I finally bucked up and spent the $ to get a heated hoodie, I purchased a milwaukee brand. It is wonderful the heat is from the shoulders to the hips keeps my back loose and comfortable in the cold weather.

I used heated gloves for the first time the other day. I think I can get used to them. :happy: :happy: