nhl playoffs

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Unless Tampa figures something out quickly, this is going to be a short series. They are looking outmatched and their goaltender picked a bad time to start playing flaky...

82rude

Rear Admiral
Vegas came back with a good game tonight 3-1 victory.Looks like this series at least will be a long one.Jets seemed off tonight and the goalie was not to sharp.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Actually Vegas was badly outplayed for a lot of the game but Fluery was great.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Actually Vegas was badly outplayed for a lot of the game but Fluery was great.
Outplaying includes goalie play. Advantage Vegas.

Hot goalies win games, especially in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

aspeck

Staff member
Love Fluery ... complained about his flopping around on the ice like a fish out of water and would often be out of position because of it, but somehow he still got the job done - especially in the play-offs! Fluery is the reason I am rooting for the Golden Knights!

And TB has come back to even the series ... they are giving the Caps a run for their money ... Go TB and VGK!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Think how conflicted I am.Im a jets fan but also really like the knights and the way they have been playing.They had me at knocking off one of my most hated teams the Kings.Imagine how much money you could of won if you bet at the first of the year that they would be where they are now?

82rude

Rear Admiral
Well your the only person I know that doesn't believe that the goalie is stealing the games for vegas and tampa.No fluery and it would of been over last night .I played goalie and also defence at aaa levels way back when so I'm not unfamiliar with a hot goaltender stealing a series.Yes the knights are playing fairly well but theres no doubt in my mind that with their back up in net instead of Fluery they would be gone last night.Of course it never hurts when the opposing goalie lets in a few easy goals either.Dont get my wrong their playing great but no Fluery no go .

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Hey rude, I don't think Bruce is disagreeing with you, he is just saying that a goalie is part of the team, so if the goalie is playing off the hook and keeping the opposition from scoring, then the TEAM is playing better than the other TEAM (including goalie). You are just saying the SKATERS were getting out hustled/played but the goalie was making the difference. You are both correct. And it looks like the Caps are going down 3 games to 2 ... there is still time in this game tonight, but the way the Bolts are playing and being up by 2 goals, it is looking bleak for tonight's game. Caps do well when their back is against the wall, so tonight doesn't clinch it by any means ...

Bolts and Knights for the Cup ... maybe ...

DouglasW

Petty Officer 1st Class
Bolts up 3 games to 2 now. Final score tonight Bolts 3 Caps 2.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Well your the only person I know that doesn't believe that the goalie is stealing the games for vegas and tampa.
That would be the equivalent of saying the pitchers are stealing the games in baseball if they throw a good game. Yes, a hot goalie makes a huge difference. Read my post #65

Go Knights!

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Yup were most likely saying the same thing differently.Its a afternoon game sunday .I hate afternoon games.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Excellent game,not going how I like it but both teams playing great.Got a feeling its vega,s year and they will win today .

82rude

Rear Admiral
Vegas wins with Fluery being the difference.:joyous: What a run ,I will pull for Cinderella for the big one.Next year jets, you will be in there again .

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I was really hoping Winnipeg would defeat Vegas. The Jets did not seem to play with the urgency or intensity you would expect from a team facing elimination.

aspeck

Staff member
Vegas wins with Fluery being the difference.:joyous: What a run ,I will pull for Cinderella for the big one.Next year jets, you will be in there again .

Fluery, 3 Stanley Cup finals in a row ...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
All in for Vegas here. Can someone explain what a Golden Knight has to do with Nevada? From my limited Canadian knowledge of Nevada there was big time Silver mining not Gold. The only British Knights to have ever set foot in Los Vegas would be Sir Elton John and Sir Paul McCartney.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Sure....

The Golden Knights wanted their colors -- steel grey, gold, red and black -- to reflect the community and the focus of the team. They believe that grey represents strength and durability; gold ~ Nevada is the largest producer of gold in the United States; the red is taken from the Las Vegas skyline, desert and Red Rock canyons; and the black represents power and intensity.

Bill Foley, Knights owner said that other names were considered, mentioning Nighthawks and Sidewinders, but said Knights has a special meaning to him.

"The Knights are the epitome of the warrior class," the U.S. Military Academy graduate said. "They're team-oriented, they always stick together, they never give up, they never give in. And hockey players are warriors. They've always been team players, all for one. That's us. That's what we'll be."

....and now you know the rest of the story....

:)