Nascar - 2018 Race #1 - Daytona 500

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Hey kids, what time is it? It's time for the 2018 Monster Energy Nascar Cup Series kickoff at Daytona. :D

A lot of rule changes and a brand new Fantasy Live game this year. Not to mention that Monster sponsorship is up in the air with the contract expiring at the end of this season - It was only a 2 year deal.

The entry list is unusual in that it only has 40 teams. In past years many more teams entered than starting spots. A sign of weakness in Nascar's drawing power?

Weather from today, Saturday, through race day next Sunday looks to be dry except for tomorrow until Tuesday. Looking at the schedule from MRN below, rain may only impact qualifying and The Clash tomorrow.

ibfl.PNG
[*]Big change is getting points for picking the pole and stage winners.
[*]Picks must be made each week - No rollover.
[*]A garage driver which can replace one of your team drivers if they wreck, blow up or aren't doing well.
[/LIST]
[*]2017 iFL was won by Trackchicks Stars for the second consecutive time after a late season surge. What will happen this year with the new game?
[*]Pick your pole winner tomorrow by 12:10 PM EST. It's worth 5 points.
[/LIST]

Good luck and have fun.

Humpty_Boater

Attachments

• day2018.PNG
    day2018.PNG
    52.2 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Ignore the Tony Stewart/Clint Bowyer driver change. I'm only a year off on that one. :doh:

aspeck

Staff member
... and Almirola apparently drove 2 cars since he was listed twice! :facepalm::lol: Thanks for an awesome review each week Humpy! Had to bust your chops about something!

GA_Boater

... and Almirola apparently drove 2 cars since he was listed twice! :facepalm::lol: Thanks for an awesome review each week Humpy! Had to bust your chops about something!

Aric moved! LOL From the Petty #43 to the #10 of Danica and Bubba slid into the #43 from X-Men.

See - It was covered, except for Smoke. :facepalm: I have 35 more times to mess up. :D

Only about an hour and a half to make your pole winner selection - by 12:10 EST.

FlaCowboy

Ensign
20 minutes and counting...:D

I watched practice yesterday however more cars were interested in running in a pack rather than run by themselves. So who knows what team has the best chance for the pole...:confused:

C`mon Iron and sign up...I dare ya to...lol :laugh:

GA_Boater

Chase Elliott going for 3 Daytona Poles in a row.

This is just for 5 bonus points but...I sure do WANT those 5 points...:D

Hey Cowboy - Those are my 5 points. I picked as soon as the rosters opened up.

He's on track now and......................................

Didn't do it! Rats. Can I use my garage driver now?

GA_Boater

But Dale Jr's #88 currently has the pole. :D Only 12 cars have made a pass, so anything can happen.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Skies look good as we speak during qualifying. Hopefully the same for the Clash..... Danica is running Daytona and that will be that, she can then go snuggle up to Aaron Rodgers. Hopefully she screws up his game...:bounce::bounce:

I see Childress is down to 2 cars.....

GA_Boater

Bowman, Hamlin, Stenhouse, Byron, The Twerp, Suarez, Harvick, Johnson, Logano, Menard, Jones and Elliott go the the final qualifying stage.

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Hey Cowboy - Those are my 5 points. I picked as soon as the rosters opened up.

He's on track now and......................................

Didn't do it! Rats. Can I use my garage driver now?

Ha...as I remember it you were unaware of the 5 bonus points for the pole...:lol:

But that is ok because...I have the 88 for the pole...can he hit 195 mph...? :eek:

FlaCowboy

Ensign
Skies look good as we speak during qualifying. Hopefully the same for the Clash..... Danica is running Daytona and that will be that, she can then go snuggle up to Aaron Rodgers. Hopefully she screws up his game...:bounce::bounce:

I see Childress is down to 2 cars.....

I believe Danica will also run Indy.