NFL - Divisional Round

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Honestly I don't watch as much as I use to but I endured 4 straight years of hell with the Bills I suppose id have to say Kansas City or Atlanta.Also a secret Detroit supporter.I watched the Steelers game and both felt sorry for them and happy for Jax.I do believe the Steelers most likely had the best chance against that other team.

I asked so I know who to add to my dislike list. You have too many to add and Atlanta is already on my list.

:rofl:

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Let's go Giants!!! Oh wait...never mind. I was really hoping to see Kansas City give New England a run for their money, but now that they have the Titans....I'm not sure. The way the Jags played last week, the Steelers should have no issues. The Saints and Vikings is going to be a great game. Vikings would love to host the Super Bowl at home. Should be a fun weekend of games.

Other than the Pats game that is an understatement.

I am a Bills fan by DNA, Mom is from North Tonawanda NY, I am a Canuck. Watch the Bills or no dinner in NT on Sundays, back to AFL radio broadcasts on WBEN or WGR maybe. I can say I remember winning a championship though, I was around 7. So I have an excuse, what's yours guys excuse, like you eh 82rude?

Since the weather has been so bad here I have had to sit and watch these games solo. My wife took pity on me and said she would watch some ball with me at dinner, Vikings/Saints game. To let you know how much Football she knows with 4 minutes left she asked what inning it was in. When there was 40 some odd seconds left she said
"well that's it for the purple guys". I said in sports "it ain't over till it's over." Yea right" she says. Watch dear lady, and I explained how it can be done as each play can take 4 seconds or less, out of bounds rule etc. See honey, "It ain't over till it's over." I stressed to her that she saw something that will be talked about for many years, especially folks in Louisiana. That Safety #43 might have to walk home. What was that feeble shoulder tackle? When I coached HS the kid would be running laps if that was in practice. The guy probably makes about 5 mil minimum a year to tackle.The first thing you learn in Pee Wee is wrap the guy up. Tackling 101, oh my oh my.

edit: 82rude, how can a team not be able to score 11 points at home and score 45 against a "better" defence. Steelers fans, about 3 linebackers should be on your wish list. Prayers go out to Shazier, he was missed big time.

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
Many moons ago I was a die hard Montana fan then they stared to go down hill so I started cheering for the bills and believe it or not the pats till they dropped Bledsoe.Even started to like san fran again till they screwed over Alex Smith.Im more of a hockey guy than football and am pretty happy with my hometown Soo Greyhounds of the OHL this year with their 23 wins in a row one ot loss and 3 more wins so far.Rated number 1 in junior hockey by far.P.S. Crimson Tide fan since a teenager.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
What was that feeble shoulder tackle? When I coached HS the kid would be running laps if that was in practice. The guy probably makes about 5 mil minimum a year to tackle.The first thing you learn in Pee Wee is wrap the guy up. Tackling 101, oh my oh my.

That's the deal, he wasn't trying to tackle him, he was trying to avoid a PI. He would have been early if he hit Diggs. Which would have helped put them in FG range. By avoiding him he took out a team member that probably would have been able to catch Diggs....

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Many moons ago I was a die hard Montana fan then they stared to go down hill so I started cheering for the bills and believe it or not the pats till they dropped Bledsoe.Even started to like san fran again till they screwed over Alex Smith.Im more of a hockey guy than football and am pretty happy with my hometown Soo Greyhounds of the OHL this year with their 23 wins in a row one ot loss and 3 more wins so far.Rated number 1 in junior hockey by far.P.S. Crimson Tide fan since a teenager.

I hear you. I played ball in that NFC league with Stoney Creek and we traveled to the Soo many times to play the Steelers. Their coach Sid Forester was a special man. He should be in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame Later I visited the Steel Plant many, many times. Great city, great Italian clubs. That bridge of yours is something else. I closed my eyes crossing the first time.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'll agree to disagree. He missed him, on purpose?

https://www.thescore.com/s/3662037

The theory is, the coach told the defense no PI calls, that was about the only way to get in field goal range in 10 seconds. As mentioned earlier and by Williams, he was early and would have been called for PI...

"After the contest, Williams met with media and explained that he thought he was early on the play and missed his man as a result."

So yes, he missed him on purpose....

82rude

Rear Admiral
I hear you. I played ball in that NFC league with Stoney Creek and we traveled to the Soo many times to play the Steelers. Their coach Sid Forester was a special man. He should be in the Canadian Football Hall of Fame Later I visited the Steel Plant many, many times. Great city, great Italian clubs. That bridge of yours is something else. I closed my eyes crossing the first time.
50 miles down the road is a real bridge The Mighty Mac.One of the wonders of North America.Theres a doc on youtube I belive about the building of the Mac ,very interesting.
little_p1310166.jpg

Old Ironmaker

Captain
The theory is, the coach told the defense no PI calls, that was about the only way to get in field goal range in 10 seconds. As mentioned earlier and by Williams, he was early and would have been called for PI...

"After the contest, Williams met with media and explained that he thought he was early on the play and missed his man as a result."

So yes, he missed him on purpose....

I watched the replay several times, I stand corrected, he basically backed off on purpose. Kid was in a bad position. It's his play to make.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Then to make matters worse he took out one of his own players who may have caught Diggs. Just glad for once Mn was on the winning end of a last second win... We're not used to it...:)

Looking forward to Philly...........

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Who do you like in the AFC/NFC Championship. I would love to see the Vikings to take it all in the end. The state has waited a too long time to drink from the cup, oops wrong sport. Being a Bills fan the last team I want to see is NE of only to see them lose. Then my head says if they do I can say I watched a team take 6 Lombardi's, something that will never happen again in todays world of free agency. How Belicheck can take a team of "who's that guy" to the finals each and every year is beyond me, he's an alien is how. Just watching last weekend it's not exactly a team of household names, especially that D line and backers, safeties and 1 corner. I know Gilmore because he was a Bill.

When I have a gang here for the Super Bowl I make a dish famous for the city or state the teams are from, We are tired of New England Clam Chowdah. What do they eat that is regional in Minnesota? If not the Vikes let the Eagles win, we all love Philly Chees Steaks with the real deal Cheese Whiz. Plus the QB coach has the exact first and last name as I. Mom says he's a cousin from Youngstown PA. Then again she says that about everyone with the same last name. I do know that the coach of the infamous Pottstown PA Firebirds was a cousin. NFL films did a documentary about that Semi-Pro ball club back in the 70's. Interesting group of convicts and Cops. Did I distress once more? Oh my.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You can have my lutefisk, Musky. I'll eat anything once and once was enough!

aspeck

Staff member
I hate to ask, Musky, but what is a Pasty and a Jucy Lucy?

aspeck

Staff member
so a stuffed hamburger and a meat pocket ... ho-hum ...