Dale Jr Foundation.

sam60

Captain
I was doing fine before I won this car. I need to continue to be of the mindset that this doesn't change a thing. Once it's here, I will decide what the next move is.

GO PENN STATE!

aspeck

Staff member
Yep! You won this, so enjoy it and enjoy the process. Enjoy the car. Enjoy PSU beating OSU tomorrow in the Horseshoe!

sam60

Captain
Yep! You won this, so enjoy it and enjoy the process. Enjoy the car. Enjoy PSU beating OSU tomorrow in the Horseshoe!

I must say that as sweet as the win is, it has caused a lot of stress and over 5K so far in airfare and transport. I'll get over that once I fire it up again...

aspeck

Staff member
PSU 38 - OSU 24
I like the way you think! As for the cash outlay, you now have $5,025 invested in a vehicle worth much more than that. You can get your money out of it at any time. Relax, breath, and think of that beautiful yellow car sitting in your garage.

Last edited:

sam60

Captain
That's just awesome, Sam! I'm very happy for u, so is my daughter(She loves Vettes, just like her ol' man).... :)

Thanks, Musky. It will need to go away at some point. I am just happy to have had the opportunity to see the race shop and meet Dale Jr. The Corvette is a boost for retirement.

boatman37

Lieutenant
Can't say for sure what would bring the best price but I have a bunch of Dale Sr stuff and when he died stuff popped up all over the internet at outrageous prices. I refused to sell any of mine but after about 5 years decided to go ahead and sell it. Not worth anything now. I think you would get the most bang for your buck either at the end of this season or maybe when/if he makes it into the hall of fame. In 2 years many will forget about Jr and will have their next favorite they are collecting hats and shirts from. Just my opinion and I could be wrong. But then again, there is nothing wrong with keeping it either...lol

sam60

Captain
For some reason I thought Jr was about 5'-10" like me. He must be about 6'-1-1/2" He appears to be in great shape. He is very humble and just a good dude.

sam60

Captain
No Title

Chocolate Myers in the studio on XM. Friendly Giant.

Attachments

• photo280015.jpg
    photo280015.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
Wow! The trip was almost worth it without the car! I would love the commentary on the shop photos. Great pictures!

sam60

Captain
Wow! The trip was almost worth it without the car! I would love the commentary on the shop photos. Great pictures!

MT found me a great place to host them. Now if I could just get my Brother off of his butt to share his...

sam60

Captain

It was a jam packed day. We just talked about his career, racing stuff in general. I offered congrats on several things happening in his life. I learned that we were both big fans of Cale Yarborough. I wish I was allowed to take photos of Jr's shop. A guy named Stephen gave us an intensely descriptive tour, Dale told me he started out with the company running a weed eater down on Jr's farm. He worked all over the shop and now is a good PR guy. I think most of his employees were friends first. I was impressed by the people.