PM9 - Sportjet 90 problem...running on 2 cylinders

PM9

Seaman Apprentice
Re: PM9 - Sportjet 90 problem...running on 2 cylinders

Thanks...how about that stator number...A5 as per parts memo or A6...or are they the same??

Thanks,
Pat

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The kit I bought was an a5 and it had the adapter you have to have the upgraded part number for the kit is an a6 that also has the adapter as I am told but be sure as you have to have the adapter to convert the stator .

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

If you go to the Iboats parts section and look at the stator for the 90 , look at the pic then scroll down to the 4 cyl 115 hp motor and look at the part number I gave you , look at the pic and you will see the adapter , referance the footnotes and you will see the kit crosses with the stator part number

PM9

Seaman Apprentice

Got it...thanks...I'll do my shopping routine and place the order asap.

Any problems to be foreseen with say...a Sierra stator with CDI switchbox combo??

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

None at all , I have spoken with many people who run sierra / CDI combos and they both work great , I went with CDI due to free next day shipping to me due to the location of the place I got mine from , we both use the same UPS hub so standard is next day for me . Remember I will do anything to help out a fellow NY RANGERS fan .

PM9

Seaman Apprentice

LOL...that's funny!!!

Dear Kend301...I'm from Montreal my friend, you'd be hard pressed to find someone here that's not a Canadiens fan...but I did have a good laugh reading that..!!

Thanks...so it will either be a Sierra/CDI or Merc/CDI combo...I'll advise as soon as my order is placed.

Good night partner,
Pat

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have to point out one mistake in your last post , As much as the CANADIANS kick the Rangers around every time they play you have to be a RANGERS fan .. it is like a guaranteed win :D

PM9

Seaman Apprentice

sent you a PM...let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Pat

john doe123

Cadet

hey PM9,

just thaught id stop in and say hi, i dont know much but im here to learn, i just baught a sport jet 90 and its in bad shape as well, and me being in montreal as well, well that just makes it easy for me to see where you get your parts from, and what goes on here with you....good to see a fellow montrealer in the same boat as me ;)

PM9

Seaman Apprentice

hey PM9,

just thaught id stop in and say hi, i dont know much but im here to learn, i just baught a sport jet 90 and its in bad shape as well, and me being in montreal as well, well that just makes it easy for me to see where you get your parts from, and what goes on here with you....good to see a fellow montrealer in the same boat as me ;)

Great to chat boats with a fellow Montrealer...I'm also pretty new at this but anytime we can help each other out is good.

Hopefully, I can get this problem resolved before winter sweeps in. I baught the boat this July and haven't had the chance to enjoy it all summer..!!

Anyways, good to talk to you...

Pat

kend301

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Cool deal great to see people trying to help each other in here . If you guys are close get together and exchange what you know , it will surprise you what you learn from each other

PM9

Seaman Apprentice

EUREKA!!!!!

The Sportjet has finally seen the light and is now in working order...ready to hit the water tomorrow.

Here's the damage:

3 coils $80
1 trigger $90
1 switchbox $285
1 stator kit $190

Total....$645 in parts....having a boat in working order...PRICELESS!!!

I'd like to thank everybody who helped out and more specifically Kend301...if it wasn't for you my friend, I'd be spending so many dollars in changing pistons that I don't even want to think about it...

Best regards,
Pat

calledinsick

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats! Hope you still have some boating season left!

PM9

Seaman Apprentice

Hello everyone,

I simply couldn't wait until tomorrow so I took it out on the water this evening for an hour and it worked like a charm...

28-30 mph on the speedo, planned right out with 500 lbs of people on board...AWESOME!!!

just a couple more days to salvage the summer...

Pat