Ramp Webcams?

superbenk

Commander
Does anyone know of any boat ramp webcams online? It'd be fun to watch them sometimes as someone who's still fairly new to the ramp for educational purposes. I know some people go hang out at the ramps to watch, so it seems there must be a webcam online of a ramp somewhere.

Billdc

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Ramp Webcams?

Here's an old post with quite a few, I put 3-4 in one post.
http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=347205&highlight=webcam

Scott, this is one of the sites you had in that old post. Do you think the upper part of the ramp is parking? Or do you think the parking is off camera? From the size of that ramp I wouldn't want to back allthe way down!!! and it would take me 10 minutes to walk back to the truck.

http://www.nps.gov/glca/photosmultimedia/bullfrogwebcam.htm

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

:eek: How do you guys get any work done if you can watch boat ramps all day long?! It's Stupid Human Tricks reality television!

skargo

Banned

:eek: How do you guys get any work done if you can watch boat ramps all day long?! It's Stupid Human Tricks reality television!

Who watches them all day? :confused:
Like I stated earlier, a quick g:confused:ogle search turned them up.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Do you think the upper part of the ramp is parking? Or do you think the parking is off camera? From the size of that ramp I wouldn't want to back all the way down!!! and it would take me 10 minutes to walk back to the truck.

Hemenway%20Launch.jpg

The one Skargo posted is at Lake Powell, this one is Lake Mead and I launch here often. I have posted a few of these pics because apparently there is nothing like them in the East etc. Neither of these ramps show the parking. Due to Lake levels that fluctuate over 100 ft. they just build these very long and very wide ramps whenever the lake is down. This is the closest ramp to Las Vegas so it get's a lot of use. On most of our big lakes there will be six vehicles or more launching at one time during busy times. When it is low like this we drive all of the way down and then turn at the bottom, so not backing all of the way down. Some of them have shuttle vans to take you to your trailer and back down to the boat. Otherwise the hike is just part of the deal. I often get a slip and just leave the boat in for the weekend and we can drive to the slips and then back to the trailer.

Billdc

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm using it as a training tool!!! Yea thats the ticket. I'm not wasting time, I'm studying.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hemenway%20Launch.jpg

The one Skargo posted is at Lake Powell, this one is Lake Mead and I launch here often. I have posted a few of these pics because apparently there is nothing like them in the East etc. Neither of these ramps show the parking. Due to Lake levels that fluctuate over 100 ft. they just build these very long and very wide ramps whenever the lake is down. This is the closest ramp to Las Vegas so it get's a lot of use. On most of our big lakes there will be six vehicles or more launching at one time during busy times. When it is low like this we drive all of the way down and then turn at the bottom, so not backing all of the way down. Some of them have shuttle vans to take you to your trailer and back down to the boat. Otherwise the hike is just part of the deal. I often get a slip and just leave the boat in for the weekend and we can drive to the slips and then back to the trailer.

thats just amazing next time please snap a few pics at the water level looking back towards the top of the ramp, I love to see a video of a busy day and folks having to turn around

QC

Supreme Mariner

A couple of points after looking at the pic some more. You can see Parking in the right of the pic. Parking on the dirt moves with the water level. Also, a little left of those vehicles in the Parking area, you can see a rig in the ready lane. That is the right lane on the right side of the Yellow line. That rig's position would be close to where the turnaround would happen, but is probably more where you see a couple of small buildings. Toilets and park offices for the ramp people, yes we have ramp people to keep it all moving when busy, they even do life jacket counts and other inspection type things once in a while. The vehicles on the left side of the pic are either launching or retrieving.

Billdc

Petty Officer 1st Class

rentprop1, check out google earth and zoom in on the ramp. On the north side of the ramp is a users photo of a busy day. All I can say is if I showed up on a day like that I think I would just turn around and go home. I can park 60-70 feet from where I drop the boat( on the weekend it may be 100 feet) and I had to wait for 1 boat to load last year.

rentprop1

Petty Officer 1st Class

any chance of a link I looked but still can't see what you're talking about

I did google Lake meed boat ramps and saw others

QC

Supreme Mariner

I never wait more than 5 minutes. It's all about timing. If you try and launch at 11:00 AM on a Saturday, then, well . . . it might suck ;)

Billdc,

Yeah, get us the link and/or post the pic. I've found more too, but curious about that one.

Billdc

Petty Officer 1st Class

any chance of a link I looked but still can't see what you're talking about

I did google Lake meed boat ramps and saw others

I'm sorry rentprop, I was looking at google earth and looking at Skargo's other site at bullfrog UT(37* 30'43.73north and 110*43'59.65west). It is just north of halls crossing which does work on Google earth. The picture there is amazing. Sorry for the confusion.

Billdc

Petty Officer 1st Class

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/1913087

1913087.jpg

I hope this works. This is the ramp I had confused with Lake Mead.

Edit: Made it "live" for you Bill. If you click the Picture Icon at the top of the posting window thing, then paste the link in there, it will work like this . . . QC

QC

Supreme Mariner

Here's an aerial shot of the ramp I posted:

13933893.jpg

The very top of the concrete is where we launch when Mead is full.